Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 4
Accepted Solution

GPS Sync & TDD Framing with non GPS on same tower

Hello,

We're planning to replace an old Rocket M5 and a LiteBeam 5AC 120 by a pair of Rocket 5AC Gen2 using GPS Sync and TDD Framing. We have almost 100 mixed customers (XM XW, WA). Besides this tower, there are another two nearby towers (1km and 4 km) with Rockets facing it. The towers uplinks are made by pbe-m5-400s as clients, which are working great. All the radios are operating in separate channels, no co-channel in each tower, but adjacent channels between them.
I'd like to know if using GPS Sync and TDD Framing would kill the m5 uplinks or interfer on the other Rocket M5s even using different channels. I've read the GPS Sync FAQ but I'm still not confident about it.

Tks,

Mauro

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 971
Solutions: 83

Re: GPS Sync & TDD Framing with non GPS on same tower

[ Edited ]

No more than multiple flex-frame APs operting in proximity would.  If they're working now, you should be able to implement fixed-frame one by one as needed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 971
Solutions: 83

[ Edited ]

No more than multiple flex-frame APs operting in proximity would.  If they're working now, you should be able to implement fixed-frame one by one as needed.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 621
Solutions: 58

Yes, I agree with @MimCom. Fixed frame won't make those links interfere with others any worse, and in time you can synchronize between all the links in the area to get frequency reuse and better performance.