AP -> Nanostation -> Camera?

I have an (non-wifi, non-Ubiquiti) IP-camera that I want to setup in my garage. Could I buy a Nanostation Loco M2 and have that wired to my camera and have the Nanostation wirelessly talking to my AP-LR and hence accessing the stream with a computer on the wifi? The distance is not very long but a cable is not possible.

This is ideally what I want (or something else if Nanostation is not the correct product to use)

Router---Switch---UAP < wireless> Nanostation---Camera

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 69

Re: AP -> Nanostation -> Camera?

Point to point links should be designed with two radios. For short simple links, I prefer the form factor of a pair of the NBE-5AC-Gen2.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Thank you for your reply. So no single Ubiquiti product could make my ip-camera wireless?

Would it then work if I connect the camera directly to a NanoBeam (and another NB in my house)? There is nothing else that I would need on the camera end?

Anyway, it will not be feasible since two NanoBeams are around EUR 200, and my already full switch would need to be replaced so another EUR 150-200 or so compared to buy another new IP-camera with wifi for probably around EUR 150. On top of drilling a hole in my wall at the house.

How about an AirGateway?

Ubiquiti Employee

The LAN port on the POE injector can be used to bridge the camera across the link, yes. The NS5AC Loco is a cheaper model that suits mostly the same purpose, but it does not ship with a POE adapter so you have to pick up one of those as well for each unit, or use a POE switch to power it.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

I am not sure which question you answered.

Will 1 AirGateway work for what I am trying to achieve?

Ubiquiti Employee

I would use UniFi products, since you already have one, with the Wireless Uplink capability to bridge the link instead.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Which product do I need that is the cheapest solution?