Litebeam to ISP Switch

Hello. I am new to Ubiquti equipment, so please apologize if this question was already asked.

I am planning to buy 2 litebeam ac gen 2 to build PtP bridge. 

The first litebeam I am going to connect to ISP's switch which doesn't have DHCP enabled. The second litebeam will be connect to my router at home.

My question is, will this work? Will it work if I connect litebeam to ISP switch with no DHCP?

Kudos: 810
Solutions: 194

Re: Litebeam to ISP Switch

Set a static private IP on both radios.  Say, 192.168.10.50 and 192.168.10.51 for an example.

Yes it will work, but to access them later, you will need to plug into the switch and set a static ip on your computer.

In bridge mode they behave just like a long ethernet cable.

j2840fl,

Thanks a lot for reply.

I have never worked with airmax before. Is the connection stable? I mean is there a need to reboot the device locally? If yes, how frequently? The reason I am asking is because, I am goint to install it on the roof of building, which is 350 metres far from my home, and I dont really want to drive there everytime when the device gives error.

Kudos: 810
Solutions: 194

If you set it up properly, good solid mounting, clear LOS and use proper shielded cable and ends and a good power source, these things can run years unattended.

Not saying you will never have a problem, but if installed/configured correctly, you should normally get many years of service from them.

Kudos: 1

I have a PTP like this its been up for a year or so, the only thing I ever do is make sure they are up to date with the latest stable firmware. Ubiquity makes the best radio equipment around IMHO.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2168
Solutions: 335

Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass it on to the team.