Multicast bridging PtP link with PB5AC ISO Gen2

Hi @ all!

I'm using a wireless link with 2x PowerBeam 5AC ISO Gen2 with firmware WA.V8.5.8. They are configured as "Acces Point PtP" and "Station PtP".

I have the opinion that occasionally some multicast packets are not passing the link. Is there a possibility to set-up a reliable packet transport bridge for transporting unicast and multicast packets in a PtP-Link?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2169
Solutions: 335

Re: Multicast bridging PtP link with PB5AC ISO Gen2

What multicast packets are you transmitting and how are you ascertaining that they are not passing across the link?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using a proprietary protocol sending short (100byte) long packets 20 times a second to several multicast groups. Some of the receivers in the attached network uses IGMPv3 to hook up to a group but I would prefer to transport every packet without looking for the group joining.

This protocol is unfortunately very sensitive towards packet loss so saw some loss over the day. 

The link quality is just fine. It’s only 2,5km. 10 MHz with only QAM modulation to form a stable link. CINR is > 32dB

Ubiquiti Employee

Only QAM as in you have disabled modes under 16 QAM, or?

Sorry, I didn't got the right info.

The data rate was set on both sides to "2x (QPSK SISO)"

I have 8.09Mbps available...

Can you explain in a few words how in general multicast packets are treated in this PtP scenario?

Thanks a lot!

Ubiquiti Employee

If you have nothing before or after filtering the packets, they should pass across the link like broadcast or unicast traffic. Are you using bridge mode?

Yes, Bridge Mode.

For assure the transport can you agree to a SSL-VPN Tunnel? I hope that this will use TCP/IP so the lost packets will be retransmitted...
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

I'm not sure what you're asking.