Highlighted

Need help on Install between office and house

[ Edited ]

I need a bit of advice on selecting the right option for my application. Here is the scenario:

House and Office are 1.02 miles apart with some tree coverage in the middle. I am trying to get internet to the office all while keeping the equipment on the office side, inside. I cannot mount it outside of the building due to restrictions (I know, it's weird). What is the best solution for this application? We were looking at the LiteBeam 5AC Gen 2 on the house and the Bullet m5 Titanium at the office. Is this an impossible task or will this stuff work. If it won't work, is there something that will work without breaking the bank? Thank you in advance for your help! I'm sure this is a total newb question!

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1461
Solutions: 119

Re: Need help on Install between office and house

"Some tree cover" is always a bit of a judgement call, but it's possible (depending on the spectrum conditions there) that a pair of NanoBeam 2AC-13's might work for you.  Definitely worth a few minutes of your time with WiFi Analyzer on a phone to get the lay of the land.

Established Member
Kudos: 501
Solutions: 123

If you hope to even get a link, mounting the devices outside with a mostly clear path is required.

Veteran Member

Left out that you should be able to shoot through a window unless it has low-e glass.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1225
Solutions: 160

I think most have it these days, so through-window links are usually unsuccessful. YMMV.
Veteran Member

It blocks 80-90% of 5 GHz for sure.  I haven't actually tested on 2.4 GHz.

Thanks everyone for the input! I'm not sure what to do now, everything I do always seems to end up a bigger task than necessary. Again, thank you!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1225
Solutions: 160

With the price of the equipment you can try it and if it doesn't work, repurpose the gear elsewhere. I'd recommend using the LiteBeam on both ends though rather than mixing in a Bullet.