Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted

PBE-M5 620 with different antennas and wont connect

Recently we started using PBE M5 620s for some backhaul links and when they connect they work great, but Ive gotten a couple that appear to have the wrong antenna, maybe???connects to all UBNT  5ghz productsconnects to all UBNT 5ghz productswont connect to anythingwont connect to anything

I havent tried connecting a 620 antenna to a 620 antenna yet, but will be attempting that today. I'll report back my findings. The 400 25 dbi antenna connects to powerbridges, PBE M5 400s and other 620s with a 400 antenna.

Does this make sense to anyone? They are both listed and sold as the same product and when I contacted the distributor they were confused aswell and had never seen anything like this.

Not sure if I need to RMA these products or if theres a setting Im missing.

SuperUser
Kudos: 6969
Solutions: 1157

Re: PBE-M5 620 with different antennas and wont connect

Are the antenna dish diameters the same? If so,

are they around 600mm? There should be a

setting for antenna gain; if you can find it,

check if the setting is incorrect and can be changed.   DAve

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com

Re: PBE-M5 620 with different antennas and wont connect

So I checked and all the dishes are the same. I also checked with our distriburtor and they said that all the M5 620's we've ordered are supposed to be the same.

Interestingly enough I noticed a similar issue in about 4 or 5 of some PBE M5 400's we just purchased.

This seems to be a very new issue that Ive never seen before.Normal PBE M5 400 that connects to all UBNT 5ghz productsNormal PBE M5 400 that connects to all UBNT 5ghz productsDoes not connect nor does it see certain Rocket M5 APsDoes not connect nor does it see certain Rocket M5 APs