Established Member
Kudos: 184
Solutions: 25
Accepted Solution

airGateway Pro Installer Wireless tab

@UBNT-SNK

We bought a few of these a couple of years ago, but were very disappointed that the DC - DC converter in them didn't seem to be able to handle the current needed to run a radio transmitting a lot of traffic.  We purchased a bunch of different batteries and none of them would work.

Then along came U-Installers and we had great hopes for them only to disappointed with all of their issues.  Man Sad  I have different threads about that...

So now we're looking at the airGateway Pro Installers that we've had laying around again.  But now we'll just use a 12 volt battery connected to the POE in port.

One of the problems with the U-Installer was that it only worked in the 2.4 Ghz band.  Sometimes we need to get out of that band.  This is important if we're using 2.4 for an AP and we're doing a site survey.  

I coulda' swore that the airGateway Pro Installers used to have a Wireless tab where we could change the frequency and switch from 2.4 to 5 Ghz.  Or even turn off the radio to use an AC radio's internal WiFi.

Did I remember incorrectly or has the latest firmware removed that option?

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: airGateway Pro Installer Wireless tab

I wasn't hallucinating!   Man Happy

I kept messing around and found a button to disable "airCRM Business Operations Platform", whatever that is.

When I disabled that all of the normal airGateway tabs came back!  Man Happy

So now I can turn off the radio or switch it between 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

If the airGateway Pro Installer had a better DC - DC converter in it it would be a wonderful product.  It shines in all of the ways the U-Installer doesn't.

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

I wasn't hallucinating!   Man Happy

I kept messing around and found a button to disable "airCRM Business Operations Platform", whatever that is.

When I disabled that all of the normal airGateway tabs came back!  Man Happy

So now I can turn off the radio or switch it between 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

If the airGateway Pro Installer had a better DC - DC converter in it it would be a wonderful product.  It shines in all of the ways the U-Installer doesn't.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2168
Solutions: 335

I'm glad you figured this out, because that would not have been my first guess.
Established Member

I'm guessing that the U-Installer's biggest problem is that there is no way to turn off "airCRM Business Operations Platform".

I sure wish that these devices were still being supported...

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

I don't think any airCRM features are in U-Installer.
Established Member

Sure looks the same.  No Wireless or Network tabs.  

Stlill no new firmware.   No longer works with Chrome.

One of ours no longer comes on any more even though it shows a full charge.  We've had them less than a year, the RMA people say that they are out of warranty.

Disappointing.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

If you want to send me your RMA number, I can get a replacement to you.
Established Member

@UBNT-SNK.  The system wouldn't give me an RMA number.   But I can give you the serial number...

Thanks!

From the forum rules:
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

Ok, PM it to me if you haven't already.