Accepted Solution

design question

[ Edited ]

I've got cox internet in the house coming from one of their provided modem/access point combo boxes. My goal is to provide internet access to a detached garage that is roughly 200 feet away with the intention of running a Wyze security camera that requires 2.4GHz wireless. I've procured two NanoStation LocoM2's to create the bridge.

Can I use the unit in the garage as an access point as well or will I need a seperate piece of equipment?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 4

Re: design question

[ Edited ]

You might be able to make it work with out a separate WiFi access point, if you set your Loco M2 at the garage to "Access Point" and the one at your house as the "Station" and leave "WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode)" set to off.

The only problem is that the Nanostation Loco M2 has a directional antenna. You might not be able to detect the signal from the Loco at the garage unless you are directly infront of it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 4

Re: design question

[ Edited ]

You might be able to make it work with out a separate WiFi access point, if you set your Loco M2 at the garage to "Access Point" and the one at your house as the "Station" and leave "WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode)" set to off.

The only problem is that the Nanostation Loco M2 has a directional antenna. You might not be able to detect the signal from the Loco at the garage unless you are directly infront of it.