Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 1

i can't get full speed LiteBeam !!

i have Ubiquiti 5GHz LiteBeam AC 23DBI (LBE-5AC-23-US) 

my issue is that i can't get full speed i have internet speed 200 MB .

in the access point PTP home i get full speed which is 24 MB/sec while in the station device at home is 12 MB

i checked every cable all of them support 1000 MB . in the station page i keep get LAN SPEED100 Mbps-Full as you see in the photo i sent which make me carzy what is the reason of that , is the signal poor or what?? 

access point configurationsaccess point configurationsstation pagestation pageaccess point pageaccess point page

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2347
Solutions: 535
Contributions: 73

Re: i can't get full speed LiteBeam !!

I missed your note about the ethernet port.   Could you forward the Station Support Info file to james@ubnt.com w/ a link to this thread?  Please make sure the POE is labelled "Gigabit" and the ethernet run is <300'.

I would also expect the RX signal levels to be much higher for a link of this distance.  Are there any obstructions between these two radios?  How far above ground level are they?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 86
Solutions: 9

It appears your station end is plugged into a 10/100 switch/router. You need a 10/100/1000 to achieve anything over 100 meg. Otherwise you could have a gigabit backhaul there but with a 10/100 switch, it wont give more then 100 meg throughput....

yes the POE is labelled Gigabit also i have little obstructions some high building between these points but is that the reason of getting half the speed ??

[ Edited ]

if is that so would i get only 12 Megabyte from 24 Megabyte !! it should give me the full speed from the provider which is 24 Megabyte right or am i wrong ?? i just need the 24 nothing more what is the reason of getting the half !!!

Kudos: 86
Solutions: 9

I'm just telling you what I see. And that is your station is connected at 100 full. Meaning you can rant and rave here on the forums all you want, but whatever your litebeam is connected to on your station end is only connected at 100 full. Trying to do anything over 100 mbps is impossible until you replace it with a gigabit switch or router.

Tom

i will replace the switch with 1 gigabit and show you the results 

thanks so much

[ Edited ]

hi again

the problem was from the cable, but still don't get the full speed what do you think ؟

is the obstruction cause this ?

SuperUser
Kudos: 3220
Solutions: 246

Absolutely, multipath will increase error rate and drop modulation coding schemes constantly. You definitely need stronger signal and/or a clear path.
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Highlighted
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 2

Computer says poor alignment and you have the power up full turn the power down by 3db at least.

Phill, UK.

what is the benefit from turning  the power down by 3db at least.?

also after adjusting my litebeam by put it in higher place i get -62 and X6 rate so now i get the full speed but i notice that it is disconnected the internet while playing online playstation for seconds and get back .. any idea ???