Highlighted

~2500ft P2MP Network Suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for the property pictured below. Internet access will originate from house A and be tranmitted to houses B (800ft) and C (2,600ft).  There is a clear line of site between all 3 locations and approximitely a 70 degree angle between B and C from A.  

I'm honestly overwhelmed by all of the options available. I was considering the PrismStation AC with the 90 degree antenna at point A, but maybe that is overkill?   Eventually, we would like to add a few more connections around the pond for WiFi access points, but right now I'd be happy with the above.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

Property.PNG

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Re: ~2500ft P2MP Network Suggestions

[ Edited ]

Are the other locations you might want wifi at between points B and C? Keep in mind that AirMAX AC radios can't connect to normal WiFi clients, so you'll need another Airmax AC radio + WiFi AP to connect a normal client back to A.

What kind of bandwidth do you need between points A/B and A/C?

PrismStation is overkill for this, unless you have other 5GHz links in place at the same spots already. I would suggest the LiteAP-AC at A (https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/liteap-ac/) and a NanoBeam AC at B and C.  If there's not good line of sight, then 2x Nanobeams at A (each pointing at B or C), and a nanobeam at B and C pointing back at A. If you do NanoBeams at A, then you might need some physical separation between them, or the isolator shield (sold separately). 

Edited because I missed that original post mentioned clear LOS.

The additional wifi APs would be located on the little golf course between A and C (between 1000ft and 2000ft marks in the picture).  I do understand that an additional Airmax radi and wifi AP would be required.

Bandwidth requirements are quite low since service to the ISP at A is pretty bad, but still an order of magnitude better than that at point C.  50-100Mbps between A/B and A/C would be plenty.

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

You should have no problem hitting 50-100Mbps with a LiteAP-AC and a couple NanoBeams.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1571
Solutions: 227

I'd set these up as two separate PTP links, with NanoBeams on the shorter one and LiteBeams on the longer one.