Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted

Need Help with a New P2P Bridge

Hello, first time post here. After doing some reasearch, I decided to setup a bridge between my house and laundromat so I could monitor the cameras. I bought two nanostation m2's and the hardware to mount them. accesspoint was mounted inside a second story window about 25 feet in the air. Receiver is about 15 feet up. I've attached the image from airlink. There are a few houses and some trees in the way. For the most part, house is higher than everything else. Everything worked great until I tried to move the receiver to the new location. I could not get a sinal. Airmax says that I should be getting a strong signal. I've tried messing with the distance settings, and made sure I have max power output. Nothing helps. Did I get the wrong type of equipment for this? I can return it and get something that will work. Thank you.

Untitled.jpg
SuperUser
Kudos: 4599
Solutions: 1289

Re: Need Help with a New P2P Bridge

Airlink doesn't account for obstacles (houses, trees, etc).

if you cannot clearly see the house window / AP from the mounting point of the laundromat / STA radio (naked eye should be okay for half a kilometer) , you won't get a link

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response. Is there another product that can power through the obstacles? maybe something in the 900mhz range with a directional dish?

SuperUser
Kudos: 4599
Solutions: 1289

a chainsaw, or more hieght so you can clear them.