Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

which product for 450ft away buildings?

I have 2 buildings that are 450ft away from each other, with direct line of site from their roofdecks. Building A has great internet service and running Unifi AC on each floor. Building B has terrible internet service, and wants to share /use the internet of Building A since they have the same owner anyway and there is an extra port on the switch i can run a Lan cable to the roofdeck. What products would I need to use for each building? a blaster and a receiver of sorts? would a long range access point work, or do i need air Fiber radio, antenna, or airmax? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 81
Solutions: 4

Re: which product for 450ft away buildings?

Two Nanobeams (specifically, NBE-5AC-16) would do the trick just fine. Probably a 10 MHz channel will be more than sufficient for three users. Configure one as an Access Point PtP and the other as a Station PtP.

CET, CWNA, CWAP, CWDP
www.45networks.ca
Twitter: @alfmckim

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 3424
Solutions: 267

What kind of realistic capacity are you after?

So, from the rooftops of Building A, and B, you have clear line of site to the opposing end, with no obstructions, correct?
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.

Yes, clear line with no obstructions. 

Building B only has 3 internet users that check email and surf the net (small office) so just a very basic thing would suffice. 

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 4

Two Nanobeams (specifically, NBE-5AC-16) would do the trick just fine. Probably a 10 MHz channel will be more than sufficient for three users. Configure one as an Access Point PtP and the other as a Station PtP.

CET, CWNA, CWAP, CWDP
www.45networks.ca
Twitter: @alfmckim
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 692
Solutions: 71

Yes, I also vote for NanoBeams for this use case.

thank you!