Kudos: 2

Advices for bridge or ap

Hello everyone,

Our group has just bought a company composing a main building and a small secondary building 100 m away.

Between the two buildings there was not a single paved courtyard so no obstacles.

I installed a UAP-AC-LR terminal at bay level in the middle of the building for the moment how can I have the network on the secondary building? UAP-AC-LR at each end of the bat but the fear of the cover on the secondary bat because more in the latter I have to install two PCs and DECT support in ethernet.

thanks for your advices

Kudos: 397
Solutions: 104

Re: Advices for bridge or ap

Use a Nanobeam 5AC Gen2 at each building to form a bridge. You mentioned it, but I'll say it anyway, they need a clear line of sight to work properly.

Kudos: 3550
Solutions: 925

[ Edited ]

Hello @calamarz,

Do you have a Clean Line of Sight from the buildings?

I would recommend looking in the NanoBeam AC Gen2

@UBNT-JaM  could you move this to AirMAX?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-XG-16 • USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 194
Solutions: 49

Moved...  Smiley Very Happy

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team
"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think." - Socrates

Kudos: 2

Thanks, yes i have a clean line, the bridge mode on nanobeam gen2 does simultaneously support the bridge mode and wifi point? Just to know if suddenly in the small building I must add a UAP-AC-LR, thank you again !

Kudos: 3550
Solutions: 925

Hello @calamarz,

The NanoBeam AC Gen2’s are not used for wireless clients, they are used for the bridge. inside the building use a UAP AC LITE for example.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-XG-16 • USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK