Kudos: 97
Solutions: 2

Re: AirGrid M5 HP

There is a point the Airgrids will not downgrade too since the Airgrid wasnt available yet. Also dont forget the original ver had a problem putting them into Compliance Mode, it would constantly reboot every 6-15secs on Frequency scanning

Sure wish we had a video connection....It really drives me nuts to be so close and yet so far....

Did you see anything in the logs?

Bob

"Groupe key exchange timeout" and that time can i set an max of 59:59min about an hour.

i have a airgrid m2 hp, mine came with 5.2.2 which is the oldest hp version supported. the reason you can't downgrade to 5.2.1 or other, it appears that only 5.2.2 and up 5.3 etc will work with the hp model of the airgrid. i got the same error's as well

and that V5.2.2 are not on the download list...
Established Member
Kudos: 77

Doh...... That is true.... For some reason when the HP came out there was something that the stock firmware didn't like about it......

Anyway now that we have that off the table we can now proceed to troubleshoot your problem since the log seems to have pointed us in the right direction.....

If your WPA handshake is failing then there could be several issues in play.

Can you test with no security to see if that is the only issue before we go there?
Can you review and re-enter the modes and passphrases to be sure they are correct?
Is there any other security on the AP like MAC lists?

Can you turn on/check the log on the AP to see if it has anything to say about the problem?

This is not a situation that we recall as being a frequent flyer...

Bob

hey bob it only does that with the WPA that it does not want to connect at all with no key it works, great and with WPA2 it works for an Hour then its resets but it sakes like 0.001 sec to reconnect for the next hour, the other airgrids that i use with V5.2.1 on works with no problem...
Established Member
Kudos: 196
Solutions: 10

and that V5.2.2 are not on the download list...

yea, we can only go to 5.3 at this point. guess we need to wait till 5.5. luckily im am not using the wpa2 encryption, so i have not experienced your issue.

i believe alot of people are waiting for 5.5, performance issues etc.

i agree i find it weird i can't get the original firmware, they need a separate download section for the hp model
SuperUser
Kudos: 3646
Solutions: 302

I'm using 5.3 on all of my CPE and AP's now... They fixed the WPA rekeying issue (which was killing me on 5.2.1) and I have yet *knock on wood* to experience huge issues with 5.3 with the couple hundred clients we have on airmax radios so...
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Established Member
Kudos: 196
Solutions: 10

you don't see the performance issues a lot of people speak about? i don't push near the limits of the equipement yet, so if there is a performance issue its prolly still masked for me
Emerging Member

Same problem, i cant downgrade firmware on my airgrid M2 HP (actually its 5.3, but i think that not work fine )

How to download previous version for airgrid M2 HP if not appears on download list?

img23.imageshack.us/i/sinttulocpu.png/

The problem its that cant connect to my essid.....

U mnie ten sam problem z AirGrid HP 5M.
Nie możliwy downgrade z wersji 5.3.
Przez co nie możliwa współpraca z miktrotik