Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Established Member
Kudos: 136
Solutions: 3

Antenna Align

My installers just tried to install their first Bullet2M in the field today, and could not get align antenna to work. Is this a known issue? They were peering with a 10mhz/G basestation, refreshing the main page would give them readings, but they couldn't get the antenna align tool to do anything no matter what sensitivity they set it to.
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5969
Solutions: 128

Re: Antenna Align

Was the signal level number changing at all, or was it also stuck at one value.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member

Nothing happened with the antenna align at all. Nothing changed, I've set one up for testing, and nothing happens no matter how much I move the slider. The BulletM is in station mode. The LED's appear to work fine, just the antenna alignment tool does nothing.
The signal level on the main page kept working properly, refreshing the main page allowed them to aim it, luckily it wasn't a tough aim. The Antenna Align tool appears non-functional.
Kudos: 147

I have seen this too.

I thought it had already been mentioned in a previous post as a bug though?
Ancient Member

To make sure I understand this..
Lets say you are getting a -70 dBm signal and the "LED indicators" on the pop-up screen turn blue at around the middle of the scale, and the number value is -70 dB.
When you move the slider button, does the location of the colors change?
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"

Kudos: 2

I already reported that bug, level indicator is lit all the way.
It was fixed on build 2407.
Rermember WHT you were showing Critical Thinking Skill 101 about it
www.ubnt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46261#post46261
Established Member

Ok, well where is the 2407 build, and no it's not available at ubnt.com/support/downloads.php, only 2386 is available there. I checked that before posting.
Kudos: 2

mm.. was removed for a certain reason...
I run 2 BM2 on it , with no problems yet.
Used to be called "BulletM2-HP-v5.0.1-build.bin"
Ancient Member

Most of my Bullet M5 radiso are still using a developer's build from last month, I'll upgrade to BulletM5-HP-v5.0.build2386.bin and see what happens, or wait for a newer build next week.

Established Member

Hrm, PM seems to be disabled for all profiles now, had to enable it in my profile, doesn't appear to be enabled on a lot of others either. Hover over someones username and you won't get the option to pm them.
Ancient Member

drwho17...just sent you a test PM
HOWVER...I say this error message:
You have turned off private messages. You may not send private messages until you turn them on by editing your options.

Established Member

Yea, you have to enable that on your account. The new forum has turned it off for everybody. If you enable in the options within your account, you will be able to click on the posters name and send a message from there.
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

Yea, you have to enable that on your account. The new forum has turned it off for everybody. If you enable in the options within your account, you will be able to click on the posters name and send a message from there.

Hey Guys,
You can fix this under your profile options. There are no global options to force PM's on that I have found and I cannot go through 25k user's to do so Man Sad

Thanks,
Ancient Member

forum.ubnt.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Kudos: 3

just a thought here... the signal indicators are great, but fail to indicate the signal being received by the ap from the cpe, perhaps some "extra reporting" info could be fed back to the client?

re,

masked.
Established Member

Yep, it would be nice If I could see the AP readings on the CPE, rather then having to login to the AP to see them. This is possible at least my Alvarion/Tranzeo do support this reporting on the CPE.
Ancient Member

OK, I have the AirOS V4 installed and I can duplicate the Align Antenna problem.
sorry, it should have been AirOS V *FIVE*, not V4

antenna_align_bug.jpg
Kudos: 4

Hello, I have two M2 Bullet series firmware (not the exact version) and have the same problem, does not the antenna alignment tool.

Greetings.

Same Problem here

Just got my 2 Bullet M2-HP's for a PtP link. The link is working fine but when using antenna aligment in TOOLS the whole bar is lit. This state does not change whit use of the slider.

It seems more people are having the same problem....

Reading the threads it seems there was a build that solved this problem, but is not there anymore.

Any news on fixinig this ?
Kudos: 4

Just got my 2 Bullet M2-HP's for a PtP link. The link is working fine but when using antenna aligment in TOOLS the whole bar is lit. This state does not change whit use of the slider.

It seems more people are having the same problem....

Reading the threads it seems there was a build that solved this problem, but is not there anymore.

Any news on fixinig this ?

Hello, you install the firmware in this post, to be solved:
www.ubnt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13160

Please stop by my post to see if you'd feel the same to me? in short, I have two connected Bullet2 in WDS mode and no reason the connection is cut:
www.ubnt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13341

Greetings.