Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 49
Solutions: 1

Bridge with Wimax and Nano M2 or Bullet

Hi everyone,
I am trying to bring internet to a remote location where my only chance is to pick up the wimax signal from mountain to mountain and then bringing things down on regular wi-fi to the small city. My stupid issue here is not very much related to the Ubiquiti products but trying to figure the easiest way to connect the USB Wimax card that has a dual-band antenna with it to create a bridge with the Bullet M2HP. As anyone done this and did you encounter any issue so I don't waste too much time because in north of Canada, it is getting cold and I would want to avoid too many trips as they are starting to see snow already on the top of the mountain.

Regards

Richard M.
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5969
Solutions: 128

Re: Bridge with Wimax and Nano M2 or Bullet

Plug the USB WiMAx radio into a laptop and bridge the network connection to the LAN laptop's ethernet port, then connect a Bullet radio to that.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member
Kudos: 182
Solutions: 4

Any possibility you could use a Wimax cpe that has an ethernet port rather than the usb card and then you could avoid having to use a laptop just to bridge the connection?
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5969
Solutions: 128

WiMAX CPE with ethernet port would work.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Kudos: 49
Solutions: 1

Thanks for the reply, it does make sense and will try to get it.