Bullet AC configuration

Hi

I'm having a problem configuring this bullet.

Location 1:

Before I had the M2 (which was burned with a thunderstorm) and I got this one to replace it.

What I need it to do is: connect it to a router (working alone) and giving Internet to users (nothing very complex). Basically a AP-PtMP, right?

Well, I tried to configure it in all the ways possible, and the SSID that I configure doesn't even appear on the devices (laptops or phones).

I have also contacted the support where I bought it, they connected to my PC remotely to check and they also didn't figured out what is wrong.

Location 2:

I intend to do the same as on location 1, but I also want to add another 2 bullets to increase range, so they should work as repeater.

Is this also possible with these bullets or not? The seller told me it can do it, but now I doubt it....

Thanks

Kudos: 74
Solutions: 14

Re: Bullet AC configuration

With M series hardware (bullet M2) you can turn off airmax which allows third party clients to connect to the radio.  Unfortunately with 2AC/5AC equipment you can not do this.  I would return and perhaps look at unifi gear.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

But if it doesn't work, why does Ubiquiti do this kind of equipment?

What's the use of it??

I am so disapointed with Ubiquiti.  Just received my Bullet AC and Altelix Omni Directional antenna.  So looking forard to both 2.4 and 5Ghz on the boat versus my old Bullet M2.  Get it all connected and I find out I can't connect to a single wifi in the marina.  I can't find anything in the sales literature that says only works with Ubiquiti xxx.  This is absolutly awful.  I have a EdgeMax router an AC-LR, and a Rocket M2.  I consider myself a good customer.  This one really takes the cake.  Someone please tell me I am wrong and that I just need to check box xxx somewhere and all will be well.  Please.

Kudos: 798
Solutions: 193

No box to check. Airmax AC can only talk to Airmax.

@UBNT-James  Wasn't the documentation being updated to reflect this?

I have the same equipment, same boat scenario...........cannot get bullet to connect to anything to give me WiFi Access.

Have you found a solution to allow you to connect to an AP. Has Ubiquiti responded with a solution, or just sent you an RMA to return the bullet.

Wonder how they plan to compensate for all the wasted days trying to get the thing to work
samIam
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2103
Solutions: 325

airMAX AC products only support connections to airMAX equipment. If you want to connect to a standard Wi-Fi access point, you'll have to use the Bullet M5, Bullet M2, or another product such as one from UniFi.
Kudos: 12

Can you PLEASE update your documentation on this?  We are in the exact same situation.  We expected the Bullet AC to be a replacement for the Bullet M products, and we are extremely disappointed that this is not the case.

The only location that lists AIRMAX cannot be turned off is in the community forums.  We can no longer use the Bullet as an option for our networks.

Ubiquiti Employee

I will discuss this with the documentation team.
Kudos: 12

Does UBNT plan on changing the firmware for these devices to allow AIRMAX to be turned off?  If not, please consider it.  Anytime a product is supposed to be a replacement for another one, it should be backwards compatible.  

We bought these as replacements for the Bullet M2's since those are now obsolete, and now we are not sure which direction to go.

Ubiquiti Employee

I am afraid that a non-airMAX mode for airMAX AC products is not planned.

I second this request to update your sales documentation. It should say in big, flashing writing...

"This product is total useless unless used in an entirely Ubiquiti AirMax-AC network"

I currently run a network consisting of several hundred Bullet M2 Titanium devices acting as clients. I was recently told by my supplier when ordering the last batch of 20 M2's that these would soon be discontinued (can that be confirmed??). As such, I ordered a Bullet AC-IP67 to test, but obviously (now!) can not use it.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Bullet? Never passed a single packet of data.  Smiley Sad

Very disappointing.

Ubiquiti Employee

Duly noted, and our distributors are also aware of this. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Highlighted

Very dissapointed! I'm glad I kept all the boxes.