Bullet M2 HP and b mode?

Hello,

after reading the data sheet on the bullet M2 we ordered a few and and applying them in a couple remote locations, but we need them to operate in b mode at these locations for the existing AP's, Am i missing something or are these units only Ng compatible???!?!?!?!

Please advise on where to switch these units to b mode, I am either missing something or something is wrong with the firmware?
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5967
Solutions: 128

Re: Bullet M2 HP and b mode?

At the moment, I'm using a Nano 5 as a PtM AP to several Bullet 5 radios. Some of the very early firmware caused the Bullet M to not play well with other (standard 802.11a) radios.

Its working fine now. I've tried setting the Bullet M Stations to fixed MCS settings and "Best Setting" and it works both ways.

The only reason I'm using a Nano 5 as the AP was because it has a wider beamwidth, I'll replace it with a bullet M and sector antenna later.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Emerging Member
Kudos: 19

Same as WHT

I've been able to get the M class units to work as clients in A mode... even though it's not a selectable option. Just put all the other info in and they should link up with your 802.11A access point.
I have not however been able to get an M class unit working as an AP for standard 802.11A clients. Same results with the 2.4ghz M class units. Don't think you can set one as an AP until the new firmware comes out.
But yes I have M2 and M5 units working as clients in similar scenarios to what WHT described.
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5967
Solutions: 128

At the moment, I'm using a Nano 5 as a PtM AP to several Bullet 5 radios. Some of the very early firmware caused the Bullet M to not play well with other (standard 802.11a) radios.

Let me correct what I said above...

I'm using a Nano 5 (standard) as a PtM AP to several Bullet **M** 5 radios.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member
Kudos: 136
Solutions: 3

I wouldn't do it, until Ubiquity has full support included. I've used them as stations and they seem to work fine, but I replaced a WDS bullet two days ago and have had issues. RTS doesn't seem to work on them, and sometimes they disconnect from the AP and won't reconnect without manually reconnecting them in the GUI.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2096
Solutions: 206

I wouldn't do it, until Ubiquity has full support included. I've used them as stations and they seem to work fine, but I replaced a WDS bullet two days ago and have had issues. RTS doesn't seem to work on them, and sometimes they disconnect from the AP and won't reconnect without manually reconnecting them in the GUI.

BulletM2 operating in 11b mode sometimes gets disconnected from other 11b AP. How do you initiate reconnection via GUI? You do some changes in wireless page, then do change and apply these changes?
Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 136
Solutions: 3

It wasn't in B mode, we only use G/10mhz channel width. I replaced a Bullet2HP I was using in Station WDS mode to backhaul with a Bullet2M running G only since it was a 10mhz channels. The association time on the AP (Bullet2HP) kept showing the Station (Bullet2M) reconnecting, latency would var at times, and the normal g/10 mhz clients on the AP (3 of them) would be disconnected at random times. I replaced it after nearly 2 days of trying to get it to work properly. Put a Bullet2HP back up and all is well again.

Yes, sometimes it quit working, maybe disconnected was an improper term as I couldn't see the other side of the link to see if it said it was associated. On the backhaul side it still showed signal from the Tower AP, clicking apply didn't fix it. I actually had to select a different tower, apply then switch back then it started working again.