Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Established Member
Kudos: 131
Solutions: 12

BulletM2 B/G support

Hey again all, yet another question Man Happy . Can a legacy CPE (nanostation 2) connect to the BulletM2 in B only or G only mode if required? I know I won't get AirMax etc, the advantage over getting the new Bullet is for the extra proccessing power.

Thanks.
Emerging Member

Re: BulletM2 B/G support

Hey again all, yet another question Man Happy . Can a legacy CPE (nanostation 2) connect to the BulletM2 in B only or G only mode if required? I know I won't get AirMax etc, the advantage over getting the new Bullet is for the extra proccessing power.

Thanks.

I think Bullet M dont have "B only or G only" mode, 802.11b wont be supported, but nano on G will do, Mike please clarify if correct,
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5969
Solutions: 128

I have a Bullet M5 over on the test bench and a Nano 5 next to my desk. The Nano can see the Bullet with -65 dBm signal, but it won't associated with it. Pretty much affirms what I said months ago with the Bullet M5 not playing well with others.
Edited and corrected......
Sorry, my bad. The Bullet M5 AP was set for 40 MHz channel width. The Nano is connecting now.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member
Kudos: 131
Solutions: 12

Can you confirm this Mike?

Thanks.
Ancient Member

See correction to my above post.
The Bullet M5 AP was set for 40 MHz channel width. The Nano is connecting now.
Edited and added...The Nano is connecting now with the Bullet M5 AP was set for *20* MHz channel width.
Thinking back, I knew this had to be wrong as I have a few test sites with Loco 5 radios connecting to a Bullet M5 AP, and some Bullet M5 radios connection to a Nano 5 AP.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"

Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

See correction to my above post.

The Bullet M5 AP was set for 40 MHz channel width. The Nano is connecting now.

Edited and added...The Nano is connecting now with the Bullet M5 AP was set for *20* MHz channel width.

Thinking back, I knew this had to be wrong as I have a few test sites with Loco 5 radios connecting to a Bullet M5 AP, and some Bullet M5 radios connection to a Nano 5 AP.

Hey Guys,
The Bullet M2 can talk in B/G mode, but it will always be mixed mode. However please be aware that the M2's do not support WEP or AES encryption.
Thanks,
Mike
Kudos: 4

However please be aware that the M2's do not support WEP or AES encryption

Hello, but this is temporary truth, until the new firmware, or the end is not going to support WEP?

There is already a date for the new firmware?

Greetings.
Previous Employee

Hello, but this is temporary truth, until the new firmware, or the end is not going to support WEP?

There is already a date for the new firmware?

Greetings.

Hello,
While we do plan to implement WEP support, we have no esitmated date for when it will be in.
Thanks,
Ancient Member

The Bullet M2 can talk in B/G mode, but it will always be mixed mode. However please be aware that the M2's do not support WEP or AES encryption.
Is this only for the Bullet M2? I'm Bullet M5 radios mixed with Nano and Loco radios using WPA-AES successfully.

Emerging Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Mike

Mike is that mean, legacy device on 802.11b minus WEP encryption should be OK, pairing with M2, the only drawback that it will drop its mode to 20mhz b/g Only?

Hey Guys, how r u mike?
i want to ask u some questions
i want to buy bulletm2hp or bullet2hp?
my line is 4Mbps and i have 8 clients
what is the best choose for me as u think?
is bullet2hp has 1000mw bucz i see in some sites it has only 800mw?
what is the best bulletm2hp or bullet2hp in singals force and network data transfer?
thanx
Previous Employee

Hey Guys, how r u mike?
i want to ask u some questions
i want to buy bulletm2hp or bullet2hp?
my line is 4Mbps and i have 8 clients
what is the best choose for me as u think?
is bullet2hp has 1000mw bucz i see in some sites it has only 800mw?
what is the best bulletm2hp or bullet2hp in singals force and network data transfer?
thanx

Hello,
The Bullet 2 HP is 29.7dBm ~1kmW

The Bulelt M2 HP is 28dBm.

If you are in an ALL Bullet M network you will get significantly higher throughput then the Bullet 2.
Thanks,
Mike
Kudos: 1

I, like wisphopefull am interested in the use of the Bullet2M for the sheer processing power. With a 400MHZ processor, it will rival the RouterStation. However, I use only "B" mode on all CPE Bullets, Nanos and PSs and have no desire to change their configuration.

Will this work? Can I replace my existing AP Bullets and all is well?

I hope this is a simple, concise, yes/no...

Sig
SouthEast WiMAX
Previous Employee

I, like wisphopefull am interested in the use of the Bullet2M for the sheer processing power. With a 400MHZ processor, it will rival the RouterStation. However, I use only "B" mode on all CPE Bullets, Nanos and PSs and have no desire to change their configuration.

Will this work? Can I replace my existing AP Bullets and all is well?

I hope this is a simple, concise, yes/no...

Sig

Hello,
Yes as long is it falls in the realm of supported features of the Bullet M (no WEP support or TKIP support ect).
Also the Bullet M will always be in mixed mode witch lowers the peformance a tad when compared to B only.
Thanks,
Mike

thanx mike for your replying and here i will show u my town map and my friends locations iam the source in number (1) and my friends will recive my signal by tp-link501 802.11b&g and dont have N type and iam in lower place and can't see them and there are alot of building in the way of the signals

what do u prefer bulletm2hp or bullet2hp ?
and iam in egypt but i will buy it form usa
forgive me if i mak u upset
thanx
Previous Employee

thanx mike for your replying and here i will show u my town map and my friends locations iam the source in number (1) and my friends will recive my signal by tp-link501 802.11b&g and dont have N type and iam in lower place and can't see them and there are alot of building in the way of the signals

what do u prefer bulletm2hp or bullet2hp ?
and iam in egypt but i will buy it form usa
forgive me if i mak u upset
thanx

Hello,
Are these repeaters?
Thanks,

thanx mik for ur replying
no they aren't repeaters and (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) are the locations of the clients who
will use tp-link 501 to recieve the singnal from bullet and i will connet the bullet with 12dbi hyperlink omini
what do u think is bullet with antenna 12 dbi hyper link give astrong signal for 2 km?
notice that there is alot of buildings in the way of the signals and i need very strong signal to get through thse buildings and there is very low low loss in the signal
Kudos: 1

Thanks Mike for the straight answer. I did omit to mention that I use WPA2-AES only. Some replies state no AES and you even mention no TKIP below as well. Could you elaborate?

I have 4 BM2HP's coming in this week and will start various "Frankenstein" experiments on them. Would like to know what is and isn't possible going in...

Thanks
Sig
SouthEast WiMAX

B/G

Talking about Bullet M2 HP, 20mhz mode... on the specs sheet, it says B/G and N, on the device setup (fw 5.0) it says mode N/G (mixed) and no ther option, does that N/G mode supports B? or should I use Bullet2 HP to get that mode B?

I am asking because I need full compatibility B/G/N, doesnt matter that it is on mixed mode....

Thank you in advice