Highlighted
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Encryption problems with PTMP setup

[ Edited ]

I am just upgrading to a Airmax 5AC, I have a Litebeam 5AC‑16‑120 sector setup as a PTMP AP that i am wanting to hook up several PTMP stations, I cant hook up any stations but one of them to this AP while i have encryption on, but when i turn all the encryption off on all the AP and stations they all work without fault, have gone though and copy and pasted the same key so that i know that they are the same, but will only hook up to one station and none of the other, any ideas what is going on?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Encryption problems with PTMP setup

[ Edited ]

3 of the stations are LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen2, one which is LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen1, the Access Point is a LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑16‑120, they are set for PTMP Airmax AC only, when encryption is on only one LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen2 will link up with the access point.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 3

Are all the stations AC as well?

If its a mix, you'll need to make sure that it is in PtMP mixed mode for non AC radios to connect

Thank you for using Ubiquiti Community Support, where the price is always right and the kudos are always welcome.

[ Edited ]

3 of the stations are LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen2, one which is LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen1, the Access Point is a LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑16‑120, they are set for PTMP Airmax AC only, when encryption is on only one LiteBeam LBE‑5AC‑Gen2 will link up with the access point.

Kudos: 25
Solutions: 3

Gotcha, so there's no problem there which is good.

Can you share some screenshots from the wireless settings on the AP and stations?

Thank you for using Ubiquiti Community Support, where the price is always right and the kudos are always welcome.

Found out what is going on, because 3 devices were still connectioned on the same Lan by cabling and one device was islanded through wireless only, all 4 devices would hook up under no Encryption when viewing though the AP interface, but once Encryption was turned on i lost all but the device that was islanded when viewing th AP interface, when i islanded the 3 devices from the wired network and only used the wireless connection, all devices connected and stayed connected. 

I will have to remember this as i was bench testing 3 out of 4 devices ( one was already in the field) so i could later setup in the field later this week as a plug and play.