Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Help with Picostation M2 cannot access

Ok.. long story short i setup a Picostation M2 for a client as an outdoor  wireless AP. Everything was working fine until the client changed ISPs. I went out to their location and I could see the SSID but when I connected it stated no internet. I disconnected the Picostation M2 and tried to login using my laptop with no success. It wouldnt connect with my laptop ethernet port. I returned with the Picostation M2 and the POE to try it with new ethernet cables trying to rule out the cable at the clients location. It wouldnt connect to the Picostation M2. I reset the Picostation M2 by holding down the small button and all the LEDs flashed and then it goes back to the bottom 2 are green. I tried again with no success. Thinking maybe the POE power supply was bad I ordered a new one. Got it today and hooked everything up. This time the laptop shows a connection on the ethernet port but I tried again to login to 192.168.1.20 with it failing in a browser. I tried to ping it with no success. I have my laptop ethernet IP set to 192.168.1.21 and the default gateway set to 192.168.1.20

Any ideas on what to try next. Thanks in advance. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 315
Solutions: 92

Re: Help with Picostation M2 cannot access

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205204150-airMAX-Device-Discovery-Tool-Introduction

Check the discovery tool to see if the device can be found this way.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

thanks.. i tried that yesterday both the download java version and the chrome addon version and doesnt show anything. I have researched this for a few days and tried everything i can think of and no success. I just dont understand how it was working fine before the client changed ISPs.. i checked even on the router and i could not see it on the router.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 315
Solutions: 92

I would recommend looking at UniFi options for an outdoor WiFi AP moving forward. The PicoStation is EOL.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!