Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 65
Solutions: 1

I think I just lost a BulletM5.....

In the middle of some storms and it disappeared.....

Drove out to the tower and cycled the power on the whole setup, but that did nothing. Didn't want to take a laptop out in the rain to check things further, so I am kinda done for the night.

This is where the supply chain issue is killing me.....

Does anyone have stock???

I left the old PS5 on the tower, so I guess I need to climb it in the morning and swap the cable over to it.... I knew I should have run that extra cable up there......
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1163
Solutions: 13

Re: I think I just lost a BulletM5.....

Hello Agsweeney,
I would be surprised if the unit died because of lightning storm unless it was a direct hit; we put a lot of thought/testing into a more robust ethernet protected design.
If it is dead, we would like to look at in the lab ASAP. Email support@ubnt.com and we'll do a swap with you.

Trying to do some troubleshooting here in the office, and it looks like the issue may actually be on this end and not out on the top of a 100ft tower (lots easier to swap the radio.....+1).
I setup the AP with AirMax off and 20Mhz and I am not able to connect to it or see it with a Nano5 (or the other way around.....).
I will take a look at it in the morning (still raining and I am too tired to be trying to stand on the platform in the dark.....)
(I guess it goes without saying that the LAN port is actually working.....)

Bullet5m Lockup

Had the same problem yesterday evening, bullet5m in AP mode on test for 3 days, working fine, put it live and 3 hours later it locked up, power cycled, noy joy, unable to connect via ethernet, have configured a replacement with the "anti lock" firmware update, on the way to replace it now.

jbkenn

At this point I have managed to get it back up by:

Switching the Station to AP and the AP to Station.

However, the "Lan Port Not Working" issue came up on the far side radio again a few minutes later (and yes WebUI said it was plugged in, could not ping or see anything on the other side of the Lan port). Quick reboot fixed that again.....

Data rates are going haywire (normally 150/150 to 121/121) and are as of this very second at 135.0 Mbps / 6.0 Mbps.

I am going to pull the radio on this end down and inspect it and do some more testing.
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

At this point I have managed to get it back up by:

Switching the Station to AP and the AP to Station.

However, the "Lan Port Not Working" issue came up on the far side radio again a few minutes later (and yes WebUI said it was plugged in, could not ping or see anything on the other side of the Lan port). Quick reboot fixed that again.....

Data rates are going haywire (normally 150/150 to 121/121) and are as of this very second at 135.0 Mbps / 6.0 Mbps.

I am going to pull the radio on this end down and inspect it and do some more testing.

Hello,
As soon as you get the radio down can you please email me at mike@ubnt.com so I can get the unit back ASAP.
Thanks,

Mike, do you want one or both of them?

The far side is the LAN port issue and the near side seems be be having a WLAN issue.
Previous Employee

Mike, do you want one or both of them?

The far side is the LAN port issue and the near side seems be be having a WLAN issue.

Hello,
Yes that would work as well. Did you update these units with the second updated firmware I uploaded yet?
Thanks,
Mike

Yes, I had updated them to the second FW you posted (3:45PM PST). The other day and they seemed to be behaving until last night.
Previous Employee

Yes, I had updated them to the second FW you posted (3:45PM PST). The other day and they seemed to be behaving until last night.

Hey,
Then yes I would want them back. Email me direct and ill get you a UPS account to overnight them to me so that I can troubleshoot them.
Thanks,
Mike
Highlighted

Mike,

I will shoot you an email when I can climb the tower at the other end (weather not permitting right now). I did some things on this end like change the feed horn on the grid and clean all mating surfaces, but that had no effect on anything.

Still looking at weird data rates and a generally poor signal. I think that the weather is supposed to be better tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will shoot you an email for the information.

--
Adam