Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

In AP WDS I can not enter MAC Address

I have one BulletM2 running out at my RV Park. I brought out the second BulletM2 to create an AP WDS to extend the range.

However when I try to set them up with AP WDS neither one will take the MAC Address the field is there, but it will not let me select it.

I tried to upgrade them to RC5 to see if that would help but no luck there either.

I tried to make it work by editing the MAC into the files and then uploading into the Bullets, but they do not stick either.

The only thing I did not try was to change the SSID to be a simple name on both and thereby removing the special Character that I use.

Any help is appreciated.

Configs are attached:
Dave Kasper

WDS Works Without WPA-AES

Well I kept at it till I got a Configuration to work.

I had to turn all security off except MAC Address ACL. So running the AP OPEN allows the fields in WDS to be used and to be maintained through a save and then the link comes up.

Enabling WPA-AES drops the link.

Configurations are attached.
Dave Kasper
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2101
Solutions: 206

Re: In AP WDS I can not enter MAC Address

Well I kept at it till I got a Configuration to work.

I had to turn all security off except MAC Address ACL. So running the AP OPEN allows the fields in WDS to be used and to be maintained through a save and then the link comes up.

Enabling WPA-AES drops the link.

Configurations are attached.

Hi kasped,

it is not possible to use WPA security between two AP-WDS devices. If you need WPA-AES security, you suppose to chose one unit operate in AP-WDS mode and second in STA-WDS mode.

-Edmundas

What is the maximum size of the MAC Address Access List?
32, 64, 128 or greater?

Thanks,
Dave K.
Dave Kasper
Highlighted
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

What is the maximum size of the MAC Address Access List?
32, 64, 128 or greater?

Thanks,
Dave K.

Hello,
In theory there is no limit. You can add more by downloading the config file and editing it.
Thanks,
Mike