Isolating two networks sharing one internet connection without vlan option

I am setting up 2 separate bridges connected to one ISP, one is a private network and the other is for an AirBNB on the same property; each one is 180 degrees apart. I will be using routers at the end of each bridge as requested by the end user, and the AirBNB users must be isolated from the private network. There is no VLAN facility in the ISP router and no managed switch at the ISP router end. I can't find a detailed setup guide for the Airmax NS-5ACL devices to see if there is a way to secure each link from the other. Is there a more detailed instruction available? I don't have the units at hand yet. .

Ubiquiti.jpg

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3863
Solutions: 793
Contributions: 73

Re: Isolating two networks sharing one internet connection without vlan option

There could be a few ways to go about this, but here is what I would do:

On the station 192.168.1.11:

Network -> Advanced config mode -> Firewall.

chrome_2019-04-15_11-31-17.png

The above rule will drop all packets coming from 192.168.1.13 to 192.168.1.11.  Now repeat this on 192.168.1.13 with 192.168.1.11 being the source that is dropped.

Please let me know if this helps.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Re: Isolating two networks sharing one internet connection without vlan option

[ Edited ]

Thanks, that could work for us.

Is there a way for one of the links to drop all packets from subnet 192.168.1.1/24 other than router on 192.168.1.1?

I suspect he will want to use the ISP router's wifi and lan ports in the main residence and have them accessible from the studio on link 2.  (The studio on link 2 and the main house are occupied by the owner at present but it's likely one or the other will be rented out.)

Is there any documentation for the advanced features?