Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

LocoM2 Site Survey will not allow SSID selection

I have spent hours searching both here and the Internet in general. My setup should be duh-huh simple! I have a LocoM2 mounted on a pole connected CAT5 to my laptop. I need to connect to a campground hotspot. When I first set it up, everything was going peachy, even updated the firmware to the latest available. I tried to then set up the airGateway, but things didn't seem to be going correctly. No traffic. I pulled the airGateway out and connected directly again, but still no traffic. I thought perhaps I jacked something up, so I did a factory restore and started over. Everything goes great, except I can no longer select any of the SSIDs for the campground, picture attached. Is this a firmware issue, and I need to roll back? I need to connect to "campground".

CampsiteScan.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: LocoM2 Site Survey will not allow SSID selection

Alright, I rolled the firmware from 5.6.1 back to 5.5.10, went through the setup, everything worked perfectly this time. I am entering this reply via that connection. I don't know what the new firmware was supposed to fix, but it doesn't really matter if I can't connect with it!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3541
Solutions: 730
Contributions: 73

What does the hotspot hand out for IP addresses?  Make sure that the airGateway isn't configured to use the same address space as the hotspot.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

UBNT-James wrote:

What does the hotspot hand out for IP addresses?  Make sure that the airGateway isn't configured to use the same address space as the hotspot.

When it allowed me to connect, the hotspot assigned the classic 192.168.1.x, which I expected. First order of business was to change the LocoM2 to use 192.168.10.x, which worked great the first time I set it up. Problem is, now the LocoM2 will not allow me to even select the SSID to get that far!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3541
Solutions: 730
Contributions: 73

Can you share the Wireless and Network tab from the Nano (and airGateway if it is still in the mix)?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

UBNT-James wrote:

Can you share the Wireless and Network tab from the Nano (and airGateway if it is still in the mix)?

I have the airGateway off now, trying to keep it stupid-simple. It is, after all, Monday for me! It will be a few hours before I can get back to the unit to take the screenshots, but I will post them as quickly as I can. Stay tuned!

UBNT-James wrote:

Alright, here are the screenshots.

CampsiteWireless.pngCampsiteNetwork.png

Highlighted

Alright, I rolled the firmware from 5.6.1 back to 5.5.10, went through the setup, everything worked perfectly this time. I am entering this reply via that connection. I don't know what the new firmware was supposed to fix, but it doesn't really matter if I can't connect with it!

And to finish this off, on a lark, now that I have a connection, I became curious. I updated the firmware to the latest 5.6.1 version, and it retained both the settings and the connection. Just to make your head hurt however, if I click the Select button for picking an SSID, the SSID that I am using is not selectable!

My case is a little different.    The SSID that doesn't have the radio button is known to be WPA2 from previous stays at this RV park.  I   used inSSIDer to   find the MAC address for the desired AP, then just typed in the SSID and the MAC address of the AP on the NanoStation Wireless  configuration tab (along with the password of course) and it worked.