Kudos: 11
Solutions: 3

M2 to connect and Bullet to rebroadcast

I have a Rocket with 10dbi Omni antenna on a 30ft tower overlooking a large property. It provides decent WiFi connection to smartphones 600ft and sometimes even further.

On one spot I needed to increase the signal and use a peplink mesh connector with 9dbi antenna to relay the network for some RV’s. 

I am wandering if I could use a M2 to connect to the main WiFi network and use a rocket or bullet to re-broadcast the network both in the 2.4Ghz band. Of course I would select different channels to avoid interference. Bedside the concern of interferanece I am also wandering if I am missing something with regards to the routing.

Alternatively I could (should...) use to M5’s to bridge the network and use a rocket or bullet to provide strong wifi in this remote location.

On a side note:

I am plannnig on installing a USG to manage the guests. This location only has a limited satellite connection to the internet and I need to limit the bandwidth for guests band block high bandwidth traffic like video, games etc.

Kudos: 484
Solutions: 122

Re: M2 to connect and Bullet to rebroadcast

You should take this question over to the AirMAX forum. This is the Unifi forum, and the devices you are asking about are not Unifi.

https://community.ubnt.com/airmax