M5 reverts to factory settings 1 a week

Hi!
can anyone shed any light why one of my m5 keeps reverting back to factory settings? sometimes this happens once a day, and other times once a week.
It never locks out on me, just forgets that it's set as a AP and defaults back to the orginal IP.

I have a few of these in production, and only one has the problem.

Thanks
Highlighted
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

Re: M5 reverts to factory settings 1 a week

Hi!
can anyone shed any light why one of my m5 keeps reverting back to factory settings? sometimes this happens once a day, and other times once a week.
It never locks out on me, just forgets that it's set as a AP and defaults back to the orginal IP.

I have a few of these in production, and only one has the problem.

Thanks

Hello,
Please make sure you are using the latest firmware witch can be downloaded from www.ubnt.com/support
Thanks,

Hello,

Please make sure you are using the latest firmware witch can be downloaded from www.ubnt.com/support

Thanks,

Just updated to the latest firmware, will keep you posted with the results.
Emerging Member

It might be that the reset button is pressed by that plastic cover to the side of the rj45 jack.
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5969
Solutions: 128

Mike said you can whittle the hole out a bit if the reset button is not set right. He said he'll still honor the warranty if ever RMAed.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....

Reset to defaults w/5.02 NOT FIXED

We just tried to deploy several of our rockets on a PTP link with 29dBi DP dishes. It was a failure though, we have two of the units reset to factory defaults after they were already running and working.

This is a major show stopper (obviously). We have more units but we are very uncomfortable deploying them anywhere due to this problem. We haven't seen this happen with the bullets.

So I can confirm that the bug is not fixed with the new firmware, we are holding off on deploying.
Previous Employee

Hey guys,
For units having this issue can you download the support info and config files and email them to mike@ubnt.com
Thanks,
Mike
Previous Employee

Also,

Please include your:

Ethernet Cable Length
PoE type
Grounding Method
and any other pertinent info
Thanks,
Mike
Previous Employee

Also please try:

To prevent from accident reset to defaults you can disable reset button by editing configuration file and adding such line:
Quote:
system.button.reset=disabled