Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Mobiles not staying connected to internet

This is strange. I am using a Nanostation connected to a Linksys dir-655 in our motorhome.  I logged into an open ISP unsecured.  No problem.  Checked on my computer and had a good connection so everything was fine.  Checked our cell phones and they were working fine.  Roku's connected and everything was running through my Overnight something changed.  The cellphones would no longer get internet by laptop would.  I rebooted everything and the cellphones would pop back up with wifi and then show internet connection then after a short period of time would no longer show an internet connection.  I rebooted the router and again would get internet but for only a few minutes.  The laptop and Roku no problem but the cell phones would not stay connected to the internet.  I have made no changes and the system has been working in other areas with no problem.  Frankly kind or puzzled.  Thoughts? Ideas?

Kudos: 839
Solutions: 201

Re: Mobiles not staying connected to internet

Do you have the Nano in router mode and the WiFi in the trailer set to AP or bridge mode?

If not, that should fix it.  Maybe share the network tab of the Nano.

thank you for responding.  Attached is a screenshot of the network tab.

Nano is set as the router and Linksys router is set to AP.  Curious how if the settings were incorrect cell phones wouldn't be able to connect to the ISP but the laptop and Rokus would connect and stay connected?

Robin

Capture.JPG
Kudos: 839
Solutions: 201

That looks fine, there are two things that come mind. Have you tried enabling/disabling WDS on the wireless tab?

Shouldn't matter in router mode. Worth a try.

Most likely it's a connection limit per IP in the router that runs the WiFi you are connecting to.

Something that I would also recommend, change your IP scheme from the 192.168.2.x to something like 192.168.20.x to avoid a possible conflict with the networks you connect to.

Highlighted

Thanks, I was guessing it was something on the ISP end. I will wait till i connect with a different ISP provider and see if it is the same issue. I will take your advice on the IP scheme