Multiple bridges dropping connections

I have 2 seperate bridges originating from a single pole. I have the moved the ap's approximately 3 feet apart in height and still continue to have the same issue. Has the same problem somewhere else but was never given the oppurtunity to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Kudos: 80
Solutions: 16

Re: Multiple bridges dropping connections

post screen shots of the the main pages of both AP's

Just on site now. At least 1 of the stations has defaulted itself

SuperUser
Kudos: 4622
Solutions: 1043

First thing to check is the cabling and RJ45 connectors. Any faults here will lead to the units resetting themself to factory defaults.

Secondly what cable are you using? A Cat 5e S/FTP cable such as Toughcable is advised complete with the matching tough connectors. This ensures that the drain wire is connected to earth via the PoE injectors ground to negate the effects of ESD. Standard UTP Cat5e is not good enough.

Finally make sure you have good physical and frequency separation on your radios if using colocated as a relay point. Consider the use of RF Armor shield kits. What radios and what frequency band are you using?

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard

Here is one. Just getting to the other pole now.

15444719394417547068597135352763.jpg

I've had success with running two stations to one access point before although I have been advised not to do this due to throughput. Only running at most 8 cameras. Currently using just an m5 at an auto frequency. 

SuperUser

Make sure that the co located AP's have separate SSID's and frequencys.

Are you saying that you have 2 x 5GHz bridges with theAP's for both colocated at same premises? If so you could ideally do with 3 metres horizontal and 1 metre vertical physical separation.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

SuperUser

Select a clear frequency and don't use Auto frequency. If you have 2 x APs at same location select a well spaced gap between each frequency chosen for each AP.

I have separated the bridges horizontally and vertically as well. One drops immediately after programming and then mounting it and the other held for a while and then dropped off sometime over night. 

Again I've set these up before and have never had this problem. If theres anything you guys can think of its appreciated. 

Highlighted
SuperUser

[ Edited ]

Could you answer my questions in order to get to bottom of issue?

You ask for suggestions and I have made several but no feedback from you.

I have done hundreds of these and other manufacturers, I do know the pitfalls well.

Lets take one bridge i.e. one AP and Station pair at a time.