Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

NS 5AC to AC MESH PRO 24/48V + spare port

Hi all and have read forums with interest and has helped me loads with setting up my AC Mesh Pro for a small cafe/campsite and works great/impressed!

However, needed to create a PTP link to avoid obstacle and get over a road so opted for latest NS 5ACs to achieve this. In addition I have a dedicated security system that requires a single ethernet connection and is why I opted for the NS as has extra port for backhaul?

Have seen other questions on here/sort of answers but still confused with power/POE requirements and the best way to set this all up on the other side of the road.

Am I correct in that the 48V AC Mesh Pro can power the 24V NS 5AC (should auto detect/alter voltage?) - but confused on which port should connect to which port on each and where best to connect the security system into it all!??

Thought it best to check before blindly swapping cables/possibly damaging!!?

Many thanks in advance,

G

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NS 5AC to AC MESH PRO 24/48V + spare port

All done and works great Man Happy

Have fibre to premises that now uses PTP link via x2 NS 5AC  to an AC MESH Pro for cafe/campsite

Used two injectors for receiving side, 48V for Pro & 24V for 5AC, linked the two secondary ports on the 5AC (POE disabled) and Pro.

Used 1 LAN connector on injector for the security system (security cameras x8/DVR) to backhaul to cloud for remote viewing

Have one spare port now for other connection if/as required.

View solution in original post

All Replies

So after thinking/reading a bit more will use both 24 & 48 V POE injectors for 5AC/PRO respectively and tie the LAN ports of each injector to each other.

Will have two free ports then to attach security system to one and a spare?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2166
Solutions: 335

How did you arrive at having two free ports?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - set up the hardware/connections today and actually tied the secondary of the 5AC to the secondary of the Mesh PRO as they are in close proximity to each other.

The 5AC POE output from the secondary is software controlled so should be just a link under normal conditions/no POE out?

Have powered each with injectors 24V and 48V repectively and the LAN port on each of the injectors is now free as opposed to the secondary ports (same idea though?)

Is this a viable setup?? - have yet to power it up as waiting on a couple of plug adaptors.

Many thanks again,

G

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2166
Solutions: 335

We are talking about the Ethernet ports on the devices themselves, not on their PoE PSUs, right?

Hi,

That is correct - the two secondaries are connected together?

G

Highlighted

All done and works great Man Happy

Have fibre to premises that now uses PTP link via x2 NS 5AC  to an AC MESH Pro for cafe/campsite

Used two injectors for receiving side, 48V for Pro & 24V for 5AC, linked the two secondary ports on the 5AC (POE disabled) and Pro.

Used 1 LAN connector on injector for the security system (security cameras x8/DVR) to backhaul to cloud for remote viewing

Have one spare port now for other connection if/as required.