Nano Station5 vs. RocketM 5

Hello all

I have one question for use the NanoStation5 (Station mode) and RocketM5 (Ap Mode).
is this possible ?
by -=W@inuX=-
Kudos: 65
Solutions: 1

Re: Nano Station5 vs. RocketM 5

Yes, it "should"... However there are a lot of things to take into account. Here are a few of them....

The RocketM does not have full "A Mode" support, so this is not a truly supported configuration. AirOS v5.1 is supposed to bring full "A Mode" support to the M series.

Also, by connecting a non-N client to the RocketM AP, you will bring the network down to "A Speeds" and loose the "N" features. AirOS 5.1 will not change this.

AirMAX must be turned off on the RocketM AP. AirOS 5.1 will not change this.

You may need to use H-POL on your Nano to be able associate it to the Rocket (depending on what antenna setup you are using on the Rocket). AirOS 5.1 should fix this.

40Mhz mode on the Nano is/was not compatible with the 40Mhz mode on the Rocket - the channels are different. AirOS 5.1 should fix this.

If this is a case of a single Nano5 connecting to the RocketM, I would replace that Nano5 with a NanoM5 if at all possible. If you have a lot of "Legacy 5Ghz" hardware connecting, I would suggest waiting for AirOS 5.1.
Kudos: 14

I'm using rocket m5 with basestation antena (16 dbi - 120 degrees) and I have some problems with setting AP WDS with a bullet m5.
agsweeney: You could be right... i'll try to mount a nanostation m5 instead of the rocket.
See my post about AP WDS questions.... did u tried something like that?

I actually tried to make the connection between M and the Rocket (NanoStation5 802.11 series) But I have not done anything. I updated the firmware of the Rocket M 5 to version 5.0.2.
What's weird is that I notice in the IEEE 802.11 Mode option appears to me (Na) that is in the Rocket M5.

I have a network with over 80 teams currently operating NanoStation5. The idea is to put in cell the Rocket5-M with 90 degree antennas.
by -=W@inuX=-
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 1

Also, by connecting a non-N client to the RocketM AP, you will bring the network down to "A Speeds" and loose the "N" features. AirOS 5.1 will not change this.

One N5M client and one Wisp 5, NS5M at the base, NS5M get 60mbps and wisp 30mbps.

One N5M client and one Wisp 5, NS5M at the base, NS5M get 60mbps and wisp 30mbps.

Sincerely appreciate the cooperation of you here in the forum.
But my query is that if there is possibility that teams work with NanoStation5 802.11 and Rocket5-M, taking into account the number of customers that have installed NanoStation5 running.
I understand that teams from the 5-M series work best with each other in fact I have shown to work wonders
by -=W@inuX=-

I managed to make the link between NanoStation5 and the Rocket5-M, NanoStation5 problem was that I had performance problems, switch to another NanoStation5 and run smoothly.

But saying the comment "agsweeney" does not work on 40 Mhz and if this mode enabled "Airmax" the rest work wonders.

Thank you all.
by -=W@inuX=-
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

Thanks for the update.
Mike