Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

NanoStation Dropping Client

I have a Rocket M5 with an Omni servicing 15 NanoStation Loco M5's.

I just added a new NanoStation last week, and plugged an IP camera / PoE injector to the LAN port of the Ubiquiti LAN/POE adapter.

The Nano is connected to the omni, and the IP camera is working great. After about a day, I lose connectivity to the IP camera and I am not able to ping it but I can still ping and login to the NanoStation. If I reboot the NanoStation I get access back to the IP camera.

I tried a different IP camera, and a different PoE injector, same result.. drops after a day or sometimes shorter than 24 hours.

I downloaded the config from a different Nano, uploaded to this Nano and renamed name/IP.. same result.

I tried with AirMax enabled and disabled -- same result.

No special vlans

I'm stumped. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NanoStation Dropping Client

WDS is enabled and in bridge mode.

Unfortunately, I had a defective unit. I replaced it yesterday with a new NanoStation, and all is working fine now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3745
Solutions: 772
Contributions: 73

Since you are always able to access the NS, I suspect something after it.  I would check the ethernet cables between the radio and the camera.

It would be good to have a bit more detail as well.

Is the camera powered vis POE passthrough or does it have its own POE?

What firmware is the NS on?  (A screenshot of the Stations Main tab will be helpful)

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

tab.JPG

Firmware is XW.v6.1.8

I've replaced the ethernet cables

The NanoStation is using the PoE injector that it came with

The camera is powered by a TP-Link PoE injector

I just noticed that this NanoStation CPU is stuck on 100% CPU usage, and found this thread:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airOS-Software-Configuration/High-cpu-usage-ksoftirqd-in-Nanostation-L...

Capture.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee

Could you forward the Support Info file from this radios System tab to me?  Please send to james@ubnt.com and include a reference to this thread.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Support file sent.

I just disabled multicast and extra reporting on the advanced tab, rebooted and CPU usage is now very low.

I have a very similar issue to tblaine27, where I am able to ping and login to the receiving station but not able to access the IP camera that is at the end of the installation. I am using a pair of NanoStation M5s, both powered by their included PoE injectors, and the IP camera is powered by a Linksys PoE injector. I am not seeing a spiked CPU usage. When I connect my laptop to the LAN port of the receiving station, I do not get an IP address until I power cycle the M5. I have tried setting my laptop to a static IP when connected to the LAN port of the receiving station and I am unable to view any other devices on the LAN apart from the receiving M5 station. UBNT-James I will email the Support Info from both stations to you as well, and I have also opened a UBNT support ticket for this issue.

After disabling multicast and extra reporting, my camera went offline again in about 30 minutes.

I have 24 other NanoStations throughtout this property, with cameras behind the Nanos. This is the only one giving me a problem.

The only other difference is, there is a 4 port switch connected to the ubiquiti PoE adapter which the IP camera PoE adapter is connected to rather than the IP camera PoE adapter going directly to the LAN port of the Ubiquti PoE injector.

Ubiquiti Employee

@alemarie wrote:

I have a very similar issue to tblaine27, where I am able to ping and login to the receiving station but not able to access the IP camera that is at the end of the installation. I am using a pair of NanoStation M5s, both powered by their included PoE injectors, and the IP camera is powered by a Linksys PoE injector. I am not seeing a spiked CPU usage. When I connect my laptop to the LAN port of the receiving station, I do not get an IP address until I power cycle the M5. I have tried setting my laptop to a static IP when connected to the LAN port of the receiving station and I am unable to view any other devices on the LAN apart from the receiving M5 station. UBNT-James I will email the Support Info from both stations to you as well, and I have also opened a UBNT support ticket for this issue.

Taking a look at the .sup files you sent over and will let you know what I find.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 797
Solutions: 193

@alemarie Do you have WDS enabled on both radios?

They are in bridge mode, correct?

Highlighted

WDS is enabled and in bridge mode.

Unfortunately, I had a defective unit. I replaced it yesterday with a new NanoStation, and all is working fine now.