Kudos: 37
Solutions: 4

NanoStation Loco AC Issues

I posted another question related to this set up where the two ends were 'shouting' at each other but things have gotten worse so coming back to this.

Right now the far end is offline - when it was working it was working at 1000 LAN plugged into an 8 port UBNT switch.  The near end has only ever worked at 100 and never at 1000 and I do not know why.  Yesterday I ran a new wire from the switch to the nanostation to see if it was the cable (even though it all passed and connected on other devices at 1000) but it still will only connect at 100 - is this likely an issue with the device itself?

The originaly set up was Cat 6 cable running to a keystone in a box, then an externally rated Cat6 going outside and into the NanoStation but that got PoE power but never got data until I added a small connector between the external cable and the NanoStation which was odd but it worked - and the whole setup worked for a couple of weeks until the 'shouting' issue where signal was sudddently maxed our in red without any changes being made.

So the near end seems to have issues with the cable, only ever connects at 100 and right now everything is offline and I am looking at having to get a cherry-picker to take it all back down and bring back into my desk to work on them.

Any ideas on the issues or does it sound more like an RMA for the device as the speed of the LAN connection just seems off completely.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 269
Solutions: 73

Re: NanoStation Loco AC Issues

I would check the switch port for gigabit connectivity first, maybe it has been configured to 100M. Once it is verified good, make sure the Loco is also set to auto-negotiate and gigabit is not disabled.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Kudos: 810
Solutions: 194

Many variables going on with this installation. 

What is powering the troubled radio?

Are you using shielded cable and shielded connectors?

Sounds like the easiest thing to try is to get the problem radio in a known environment(office) and do some testing before trying to RMA.

@UBNT-JoshMcGee the device is powered from by a US-8G-150 switch, all ports set to auto, and the port for the nanostation set to 24v passive for the PoE.  If I manually change to 1000 it loses connection.

I think I am going to just get them both back from the two buildings which is a pain to say the least but even if I got this end up and working the far end is still offline.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2169
Solutions: 335

Did you reproduce this on the bench?

I have not gotten back to this issue yet as I have to get the cherry picker to get up and remove the devices and the weather has not been good to say the least.  Because these were put up for football season there is no rush at least but I will update once I do get them all down and can set things up internally again.