Highlighted
Kudos: 3

Nanobeam 5AC-Gen2 Different TX RX Speeds

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have installed two Nanostations across a courtyard. At the moment, the TX speed is lower than the RX speed (when running the speed tests from the "AP"). TX is approximately 150 and RX is approximately 250.

If I run the speed test from the "Station", the RX speed is higher than the TX speed.

The distance is quite short, and there is clear line of sight. I should point out that the "Station" is mounted behind an upstairs window, and the other is mounted on a transmitter pole. Could that be the issue? Previously, I had a warning within the console to turn down the power of the Nanobeams (which I have done). 

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Stephen

190315 AirOS Console 001.png190315 AirOS Console 002.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2100
Solutions: 324

Re: Nanobeam 5AC-Gen2 Different TX RX Speeds

Can you run individual TX and RX tests (non-duplex)?

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Here are the Transmit and Receive tests from the Access Point.

190315 AirOS Console 003.png190315 AirOS Console 004.png

[ Edited ]

Can this test be afffected by the physical cabling in any way? I ask becasue I just noticed that one the of endpoints is connecting to the switch at 100Mbps (rather than Gbit). Both UBNT PoE injectors are Gbit, and I have checked the cabing and sockets as best I can..

Ubiquiti Employee

This test is not impacted by the port status, but your real end-to-end network performance will be. I would recommend checking the cabling on the network segment that is negotiating to 100 Mbps.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
This test is not impacted by the port status, but your real end-to-end network performance will be. I would recommend checking the cabling on the network segment that is negotiating to 100 Mbps.

Many thanks,

The only bit of cable run I haven't been able to check is the section between the wall socket and the Nanobeam. Everything else checkes out fine. I'll have to take hte transmitter pole down to do that. I can also swap over the PoE injectors.

Do you have any thoughts as to what may be causing the difference in speed between TX & RX?

Ubiquiti Employee

Nothing springs to mind at the moment. If you don't need this link to be 100% symmetric, I'd probably just live with it.