Kudos: 1

Nanostation M5 WX doesn't work??

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am using 2 Nanostation M5 + 1 AP (TP-LINK ) to setup a connection between 2 buildings (+- 30m).

I can access both only when i manually put an UTP cable from the nanostation to my laptop and connect to their IP.

I can't find or ping the nanostation on '192.168.0.10' or '192.168.0.11' when i connect them to my LAN switch.

I did the following

LAN switch( is working and connected to router also ) => LAN adapter

Nanostation AP => POE adapter.

Access Point ( TP-Link ) => LAN adapter

Nanostation STATION => POE adapter.

The LAN/POE adapter is the original adapter from Ubiquiti.

I tryed this while the 2 Nanostations are in range of 3m for testing.

The cables are find and the switch is also on the same network ( only 1 network here ).

The first 7 pictures are from the AP and the 7 last from the STATION

AP 1.JPG

AP 2.JPGAP 3.JPGAP 4.JPGAP 5.JPGAP 6.JPGAP 7.JPG

STATION 1.JPGSTATION 2.JPGSTATION 3.JPGSTATION 4.JPGSTATION 5.JPGSTATION 6.JPGSTATION 7.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 303
Solutions: 87

Re: Nanostation M5 WX doesn't work??

Have you tried using the DHCP option instead of a static configuration in the Network tab?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Hi,

That didn't worked..

I am using a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 as router and can't see an IP of the Nanostations. It does work on another router in another school.

Are there different settings i need to change in order to let it work with the Netgear router?

Grtz

Established Member
Kudos: 568
Solutions: 150

Where exactly does the TP-Link fit into this setup?
Can you draw a rough sketch of how each is connected?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 303
Solutions: 87

After applying changes to the stations, use the Ubiquiti Discovery tool to see if the devices can be found, or check the DHCP client table in the router.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

This problem was only fixed by changing the netgear with a Unifi Edgerouter.. Now i have again the same setup and problem but with a Draytek 2960 router in another school.. How can these devices be so bugged... Any fix to this?....

[ Edited ]

I had the following also sended to the support:

I'ts an Ubiquiti AP PRO that i use now as Access Point and not TP-Link anymore. I have taken both 2 Nanostation M5 + AP PRO on 2 other schools to test the setup ( I couldn't find or ping both devices on the schools with the Netgear Nighthawk AND Draytek 2960 Business DHCP routers ). The 3th try in yet another school worked fine! That school has an Unifi Edgerouter X as router. Now i can't change my Draytek 2960 to an Unifi Edgerouter X just because of my Nanostation M5. Are there any options that may conflict ? It seems that the Draytek 2960 and Netgear router doesn't allow the Nanostation M5 inside the network. while the Draytek 2960 is a business model with many options.

I have added both support files. 
The setup i use must be fine because it works the school i tryed with the Edgerouter X Unifi.

1) Also tryed static AND DHCP IP adresses 
2) Used my same laptop on all 3 sites to try 
3) Firmware is up-to-date 
4) Because it works on the Unifi Edgerouter X it must been something that the Nanostation M5 doesn't allow from other routers.

I had the same issue a year ago with only a different AP ( Was a TP-Link ). Because we had to rebuild the network anyhow i have bought a Unifi Edgerouter X and it also immediatly worked.

I have also added a super professional example of my setup below.

Example.png