Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Nanostation loco m2 entering TFTP mode by itself

Hi, I have recently been having some issues with a nanostation loco m2. I have a point to point connection between 2 of them and the one receiving the internet is have issues.

It will randomly enter the TFTP mode by itself exactly as if I was holding in the reset button to do it. 

I have tried many options like just resetting it and it works for a while until it enters TFTP mode again. I have tried upgrading the firmware through the TFTP mode twice and it had not resulted in any difference.

The only thing I can think would affect it was he fact that I accidentally pushed the reset button through when I got it. But I got it working and it has worked ever since. Then about a year and a half later it stops working. 

Thanks for any help in advance! Man Happy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Nanostation loco m2 entering TFTP mode by itself

UPDATE: 

Turns out changing out the POE power brick seemed to fix it. It has been working well the past few days with no issues or dropouts. It must have been defective in some way. Thanks for the replies anyway Man Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 5

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Installation/Rocket-M5-into-tftp-flash-mode-upon-startup/m-p/23...

Ours is doing the same thing trying to further trouble shoot today our electricians insist their are no issues with the power in the building.  

Our does this only when plugged into our switch. If we plug the lan side into the switch it does the tftp mode.

I am wondering if this is a firmware issue.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1581
Solutions: 229

Have you checked your cabling? Sometimes issues there can cause this.

Yes I have checked all the cabling and replaced them with others which I know are working. But since my nanostation is on the inside of a window I don’t think that should be any issue

however, I have changed the 24v POE power adapter for another one and it has worked so far but it could stop at any time 

if it continues to work for the next few days then I will presume that the power adapter was the issue. Man Happy

Highlighted

UPDATE: 

Turns out changing out the POE power brick seemed to fix it. It has been working well the past few days with no issues or dropouts. It must have been defective in some way. Thanks for the replies anyway Man Happy

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1581
Solutions: 229

Great. Feel free to RMA the power brick for a replacement.