Need help troubleshooting Nanostation M2

[ Edited ]

First I want to thank everyone who posts on here, for trying to help me out.

Here is a brief summary of my situation. My home burned down not too long ago in Paradise, Ca and I recently located to a new area and I am living in an RV (have insurance; I will be fine). In an attempt to get internet and not constantly exhaust my hotspot data, I bought a Nanostation M2 to connect to an xfinity hotspot, as well as a tplink AP to connect all my devices to. My problem is, sometimes I have great throughput and sometimes it is absolutely horrible. I usually have right around 5mbps (which I am completely happy with) but sometimes it gpes up to 20mbps. If I watch the throughout, it appears to spike from 0 and 5 mpbs and back  (I can still stream when it does this), even when it is "working well". I am staying temporarily on someones property, in an orchard and will have no way to get cable internet. So my only choices to have internet fast enough to stream consistently is to either pay $$ for satelite internet or get this nanostation to work properly. I will be unable to access the router which the hotspot is being broadcast from (or any other router in the area for that matter). 

I have had this nanostation for about 20 days or so and most of the time I have very good internet/ connection but sometimes it is not even fast enough to load a web page. I am pretty certain from reading here that it is probably interference from other wifi's in the area (I see 20 or so wifis pointing the nanostation in any direction). When the internet is acting up I have tried disconnecting from the Xfinitywifi and tried connecting to other open wifis in the area, and they also have poor internet. I am looking for suggestions on how to improve my internet connection.  I am hoping I do not get flamed too bad, as I have not been able to read very much about this problem due to everything I have going on, along with having limited internet when it is acting up.

jhgiuggiu.png

Re: Need help troubleshooting Nanostation M2

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 10.00.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 10.00.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 10.08.49 PM.png

So after some more reading it looks like turning down TX power is sometimes suggested. After turning it down to 7 dbm, it started working. I still find that the internet sometimes "cuts out". I have been watching it constantly while trying to stream videos from multiple devices at once. Its seems like the only time it starts buffering is when Transmit CCQ drops to ~80 percent. It seems like CCQ is either 99+% and doing great or ~80% and having problems, very little in between. I have also noticed that throughput seems to go up and down dependent on what is being requested (when it is working properly).

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 5

For sure this is an interference issue.

Is there no way you can get a local neighbor to put up another nanostation on their house, so you can have you own private link, maybe perhaps on 5ghz instead of this busy 2.4ghz spectrum?

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2166
Solutions: 335

What does an airView scan look like? You are also using very old firmware.