Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 6
Accepted Solution

No LAN connection on PBE-5AC-500 ISO

I have a string of PTP AP's that have been installed for 3 years.  This morning customer called me with no connection in a remote office.  I have connectivity to the last AP that connects them but found out that there is no LAN connection on that device.  It is a PBE-5AC-500 ISO.  I swapped out a POE Injector from a NBE-M5-19, which I am not sure if that is ok.  It powers up the device and I have connection to it as long as I am connected to the source office, but I still have no LAN connection to it.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Accepted Solutions
Emerging Member

Re: No LAN connection on PBE-5AC-500 ISO

I had to replace my radio antenna and that fixed the problem.  I found a post that said that it was one of 3 things when you have plugged as the status of the ethernet.  First was POE Injector, cable ends/cable itself, or the antenna.  I was able to test another poe injector and it was fine.  The other POE injector mentioned in the post works by the way.  Tested the cables and then were good as well.   

View solution in original post

All Replies
Emerging Member

Here is a screen shot of the status of the device.  The cable length is wrong and not sure what it means when it says LAN speed plugged.  I am accessing this device downstream where I can get a connection.  If I plug into the LAN port on the poe injector it says no LAN connection.  Static IP doesn't allow me to communicate with it becasue status is still no LAN connection.  This is with the originial POE injector that it came with and the one from the NBE-M5-19.  

Capture.JPG
Emerging Member

Are the POE Injectors for  PBE-5AC-500 ISO and NBE-M5-19 interchangable?  Knowing this would help me a lot.

Emerging Member

I had to replace my radio antenna and that fixed the problem.  I found a post that said that it was one of 3 things when you have plugged as the status of the ethernet.  First was POE Injector, cable ends/cable itself, or the antenna.  I was able to test another poe injector and it was fine.  The other POE injector mentioned in the post works by the way.  Tested the cables and then were good as well.