Kudos: 99
Solutions: 2

Out of 12 units 1 Bullet M2 drops randomly

I have 2 sectors using Bullet M2's
set with 5Mhz band
on 2 different channels.. 4 and 7 (RUNNING CURRENT FW on all)

12 clients mix of Bullet 2 and M2's

one customer is 5 miles away using a M2 for the extra power. For almost a month the connection was fine. Then he starts dropping every hour or so for 10-20 sec then bam hes back online. His signal is -75 to -73 and stays in the range when it drops and when it comes back.

At first I thought maybe power line? But we moved his antenna now on the roof of his 2 story house on a tripod another 10 feet above that. So now we have to be 15ft above the power line. But that still doesnt make sense it was fine for almost a month.

Any Ideas?
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5967
Solutions: 128

Re: Out of 12 units 1 Bullet M2 drops randomly

What does the CCQ look like? Could you give him "guest" access" to check the web GUI the moment he starts having problems.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....

20-30% ccq But thats what we had when it first went in and lasted a month fine.
I have personally seen it happen sitting with my laptop connected to the GUI. It just drops then 10sec later its reconnected at the same -70 somthing signal
Ancient Member
Kudos: 5967
Solutions: 128

With such a low CCQ, anything could be going wrong. It could have been tolerable in the past, and perhaps its not tolerable now. I'd try to get the CCQ up to at least 80% before you go further.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Emerging Member

I've had this problem too (when airmax is off). It might have to do with the auto ACK problem in AirosV's .... turn the auto ack off (see what the value is now and set that to manual...) and try and see if it makes a difference.

I've had this happen in a test site that has allot of noise.... the ccq varies constantly here and the m2 tries to change the ack , it goes so low or so high the link drops.

I have Auto turned off and set it to the furthest customer at 6.1 miles.

Is anyone else having issues with M2's as APs I just got another call from a customer on a different SECTOR/M2 same thing.. they are connected then drop.

I wish I could find Bullet2 HPs to test to see if M2s can be APs right now.
Established Member
Kudos: 136
Solutions: 3

I've had this happen, it's usually an ack issue. The way I normally set my acks, is on the AP side fixed ack of the coverage area +25%, on the client side fixed ack, the distance + 25%.
Emerging Member

I have Auto turned off and set it to the furthest customer at 6.1 miles.

Is anyone else having issues with M2's as APs I just got another call from a customer on a different SECTOR/M2 same thing.. they are connected then drop.

I wish I could find Bullet2 HPs to test to see if M2s can be APs right now.

Is it also off on the CPE side?

yes AP is set to 6.1 and this customer is also at 6.1 (dont have any customers past him)

I dont get it.. It was working fine for a month. then now it constantly disconnecting and reconnecting after 10-15 ping time outs
Kudos: 1

yes AP is set to 6.1 and this customer is also at 6.1 (dont have any customers past him)

I dont get it.. It was working fine for a month. then now it constantly disconnecting and reconnecting after 10-15 ping time outs

what I have to do sometimes is set the customers ACK to auto for about 2-3 minutes and see where it strays to and go about 15%-20% above that. if that gets the CCQ up to at least 75% that could have been your problem the entire time.

you could be in a noisy area as well, which wouldn't be good in your case being that you have legacy units on the AP so AirMax is out.
Thanks,
Lee - levelOne Solutions
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

Hello,
Please add about %25 to the distance and test the link again. (on both sides)
Thanks,
Highlighted

I have them set 25% more.. same issue