Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

P to point troubleshooting

Hello:

I am have an issue with the station side of my point to point setup.  I have configured it  and I can reach the station from the access point successfully.  I am using the poe injector which came with the nanobeam on the station side.  When I plug the lan cable into my switch, I do not get a link light.  I have tried two different poe injectors both with the same results.  When I plug anything into the switch, I do not get internet access.  Any suggestions, on as to what I could be doing wrong?  I am attaching screen shots.  The screenshots are from being in the station side.

snip1.JPGsnip6.JPGsnip2.JPGsnip3.JPGsnip4.JPGsnip5.JPG

Accepted Solutions

Re: P to point troubleshooting

Thanks, It turns out it is the unit itself.   I replaced it with another, with the same settings and it works like a charm.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 798
Solutions: 193

Start by eliminating the switch.

Plug a laptop into station side poe and test. You will know if the switch is good or bad.

If the lan doesnt show full speed on the station (instead of saying plugged) plugged in direct, check the installation.

First be sure the cable is outdoor, shielded cat5e with properly installed shielded ends. 

Second, if that doesnt solve the problem, remove station and bench test with known good cables, poe and computer.

If radio still does not work on the bench, submit a ticket to support, requesting an RMA.

support@ubnt.com

Thanks, I have a funny feeling that is it the connection to the access point  itself, as I am certain that it is not the switch.  I am going to replace the run and test from there. I will let you know the results. 

Thanks, It turns out it is the unit itself.   I replaced it with another, with the same settings and it works like a charm.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2103
Solutions: 326

Glad you got this resolved, please return it via RMA for a replacement if it's still under warranty.