P2MP Nano loco m2

Is it feasible at all to use 3 Nanostation Loco M2s good line of site between 3 buildings with 300ft distance? Estimated about 30 degree angle between the main building and other two.

Ideas so far.

Rocket M2 with antennas on main building> Two Nanostation loco M2, one per building

1 Rocket M2 with antennas

2 Nanostation Loco M2

2 Nanostation loco m2 on main building > point to point to 2 Nanostation Loco M2, one per building.

4 Nanonstation Local M2

1 Nanostation Loco M2 on main building > Each Nano Station Loco M2 points to main building.

3 Nanostation Local M2

Looking into the M5 series as well, but wanted to get a direction to head as far as design. Budget is a concern for this client hence I even ask the question. Thanks!

SuperUser
Kudos: 5397
Solutions: 1793

Re: P2MP Nano loco m2

Feasible, but the 2.4GHz band is a bad one to pick for PtMP networks. There just isn't enough available clear spectrum usually.

5GHz, yes.

Nanostation 5AC Loco, yes, for your application.

M2, M5 is legacy hardware. Let's move on, unless you have a need for older tech.

The Nanostation 5AC Loco is about $50/radio. You do need to supply POE injectors, or have 24V POE capable switches/adapters available.
Set a Frequency! Don't leave it on Auto!
Disable Uplink Connectivity Monitor
Always set-inform a Second time after Adopting

Thanks! I'll consider that as well. The client is rural so there isn't a lot of wireless interferance. I'd rather use AC so I will check my LoS. Say there are a couple trees around one of the buildings with limbs obstructing LoS, would the newer Nanostation 5AC Loco able to penetrate that well enough?

I haven't went onsite myself to do a full survey, my info is second hand at the moment. However, I do appreciate all the info you have provided.

SuperUser
Kudos: 5397
Solutions: 1793

[ Edited ]

At 300ft, Fresnel zone is small. Verify Line of sight. Move radios, or trim foliage.

Do not depend on any wireless 'penetrating' for best results.

For short links with clear line of sight plus Fresnel zone, it's hard to beat the Nanostation 5AC Loco for cost/performance.

Set a Frequency! Don't leave it on Auto!
Disable Uplink Connectivity Monitor
Always set-inform a Second time after Adopting