Point to point connection. Is this to much foliage in the way and to much interference ?? Power beam

Hi guys. I am trying to set up a point to point connection in London. The two units I have tried my best to align but I think the problem is to much interference and foliage in the way. Could some one point me in the right direction? I am trying to send 300mbps to another site via power beam M5. 

I have also included my settings. Am I not putting in enough dbi? The dishes say 27dbi but I can only set 9dbi. 

Regards 

Screenshot_20181205-171435_UNMS.jpg

Re: Point to point connection. Is this to much foliage in the way and to much interference ?? Power

Not sure if all my pictures uploaded. This is view from receive site 0.9kms away through binoculars 

20181205_160552.jpg

Re: Point to point connection. Is this to much foliage in the way and to much interference ?? Power

This receive end. 

20181205_154344.jpg
Kudos: 797
Solutions: 193

[ Edited ]

That picture is very blurry. Is that the other dish I see?

If that is the other dish than you ave an alignment issue, as that should work, even if not perfect.

Start with a 10 or 20 MHz channel width and work on alignment.

The dish is 27dbi gain. Your tx power is limited, likely by your local regulations.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2100
Solutions: 324

I agree, this looks likely to be an alignment issue with that amount of foliage. Can you run an airView scan?

Hi thanks for the reply. 

The picture I have taken through a set of binoculars. 

The sender dish is lower than the receiver dish. Do you think I should get two people at each end ? It's very difficult to align as the dishes are mounted high on a pole to get maximum reach over the buildings. 

Please see the type of terrain it is over. It is all city buildings and housing. 

IMG_20181129_101527_018.jpg

I have never used air view scan but I certainly will do this. 

Do you think it's ok going through or near to a building that has telecoms dishes on to ? I have attached a picture of what it is passing further back from the magnified picture I originally posted. 

20181205_205803.jpg
Kudos: 2

there is a very nice app for allignment for android called " SICE airghz radio link wifi . it has helped me in many occasions 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2100
Solutions: 324

You won't be successfully transmitting through a building at 5 GHz, and the reason I suggest an airView scan is those telecom transmitters may be using a channel near to the one you are using. Run the airView scan, make sure you are on a clean channel, then see how much additional height you can get at both ends of the link.