Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 328
Solutions: 44

Poor throughput with duplex speed test on Powerbeam M2 400

I have a customer on a Powerbeam M2 400 connected to a 2AC Prism that get's really poor performance when doing a duplex speed test, but seems fine doing one way at a time. The thing that made us notice the problem is the listed capacities would crash whenever they would use the connection, but trend back up to normal at idle.

So in testing we get 45-55Mbps download when only doing one way speed test. But with a 2 way speed test it starts about 35-40 download but within a few seconds drops to about 6-9mbps. Seems to work this way consistently.

Is this potentially a problem with the radio itself or the power supply? Just wondering if anyone's seen this before. AFAIK this is the first time we've run into this behavior, and the other radios on that ap with similar signal perform the same whether we run duplex speed test or not.

Oh, this is fixed frame 67/33 btw.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1688
Solutions: 261

Re: Poor throughput with duplex speed test on Powerbeam M2 400

Odd. It's possible it's the power supply, both on the latest firmware?
Established Member

The AP is on test firmware for the problem where all the clients drop and the AP has to be rebooted. The clients are on 6.1.7. As far as I can tell this radio is the only one that's had this problem. Not sure when it started.
Established Member

[ Edited ]

I loaded newer firmware on the AP only and the problem seems to have gone away, but it's also quite a bit cooler here than it has been, so maybe it's temp related. I'll have to keep an eye on it for a bit and see if what the circumstances are if it happens again.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1688
Solutions: 261

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the firmware has sorted it but if you see it again just let me know.