PowerBeam M5 400 Become Unresponsive

Hi Guys,

Recentlly we have some changes in our network and we install a cisco 2950 switch in our site and each PB-M5 connected to a port which assigned a vlan to it and all vlans trunked to core router, everything at first looks very fine but after a while i wouldn't be able to connect to radio or even ping it and should turn off and on it again to be reachable.

And also something very strange happen when i shut & no shut an interface in Cisco Switch all the PB-M5 become unresponsive for this problem i enabled watchedog.

When i check the cisco Switch the ports are connected and there is no error on it, i changed the Cisco Switch with another one but the problem still exist.

I install unmanged switch and connect all PB-M5 to it and connect it to cisco switch , everything works fine and there isn't any problem.

Things I did :

• Upgrade the firmware to 5.6.6-6.0.1
  • Upgrade IOS of Cisco Switch
  • Disable STP
  • Disble WDS
  • Disable CDP

I can't find any reason for it.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 297
Solutions: 85

Re: PowerBeam M5 400 Become Unresponsive

This only happens when you connect the powerbeams to a cisco switch? Any Cisco switch, or just this particular one?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Highlighted

only on this type of cisco switch happen this problem and i can't change the switch with any other type of cisco switches .

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 297
Solutions: 85

I would suggest the switch could be at fault then.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!