PtP bridge issues

I have two NanoStation Loco M5's configured in and Access Point / Station configuration about 1500ft apart.  I have a continuing issue with the Station unit loosing it's connection to the local network periodically.  The remedy is that we login to the admin screen over the wireless side and issue a reboot, or power off/on from the Station side.  The admin screen is not available on the Station side network, however is available after the reboot and data passes normally.  I've replaced the cat5 cable, updated firmware, modified link configuration based on online videos, and replaced the POE injector to no avail.   The system functioned fine during testing indoors prior to final installation - my next item to replace is the NanoStation itself, however the unit is installed on the side of a  building.  Anyone have similar issues?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 303
Solutions: 87

Re: PtP bridge issues

Is this possibly related to STP disabling the port because of a network loop?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

For what it's worth - STP isn't enabled on the Network tab of both NanoStations.  The network it's attached to is pretty simple, a switch at the home end that has some DHCP enabled workstations and some static-addressed devices attached.  The addresses configured are in a range reserved for this bridge and it's related devices (cameras).  All devices on this link are static addressed.  The switches aren't managed or intelligent either.

Update - after setting up security on both NanoStations yesterday the link went down again after about 2-3 hours, but this time I couldn't login from the Access Point side as before......  I had to disconnect the POE cable and reconnect to do a hard reboot.

Last few times this has happened, when I logged in it offered to send a crashlog - I downloaded the last one and it is attached.

Ubiquiti Employee

You're getting a crash log? That's a concern then. However, I don't see the file attached.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

the file was saved with a .sup extension, but it looks like that wasn't valid.  I put the file in a zip archive.

Attachment
Ubiquiti Employee

The support file in this zip is corrupted and empty. Is it zero bytes on your system as well?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

0 bytes on my end as well.  I did take the option to submit it directly when it came up.  I'll see if I can get another file.

Bridge locked up yesterday, couldn't login to unit.  I reset to factory and reconfigured the link.  Link was up for about 17 hours and went down again, wireless side is up, lan side is down.  It did give me the option for crashlog, see attached.

Ubiquiti Employee

I'm trying to understand why you are getting some of the errors reported in this crash log. I apologize for the wait.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

It appears to indicate a hardware failure. I can't find any other details about the errors, so I would recommend submitting an RMA for the device if it is under 1 year old.

https://rma.ui.com/

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png