Kudos: 53
Solutions: 2

Random Link Freeze and it self fixes

I have an event that maybe some one can help with.

Bullet M2 HP as AP and Bullet M2 HP as Station
ACK Manual about 120% of the longest station (just one station)

All works great BUT - some times it looses 4 - 5 pings in a row where later it all comes back itself to normal for even hours or days. Such thing happen once a day sometimes once an hour ... depends.

thanks for any input .. Maybe this is a known bug ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
Previous Employee
Kudos: 24

Re: Random Link Freeze and it self fixes

I have an event that maybe some one can help with.

Bullet M2 HP as AP and Bullet M2 HP as Station
ACK Manual about 120% of the longest station (just one station)

All works great BUT - some times it looses 4 - 5 pings in a row where later it all comes back itself to normal for even hours or days. Such thing happen once a day sometimes once an hour ... depends.

thanks for any input .. Maybe this is a known bug ?

Hello,
Please post your full firmware version number, along with your config and support info files.
Thanks,
Mike
Kudos: 1

i am also getting a problem with my Bullet M2, after been connected for an hour or so. i start to get massive ping RTT from a device beyond the AP. i.e. my Internet Router.
after i disconnect from the SSID and Reconnect its fine. Running RC6. i never had this problem with the Bullet 2.
Basic Configuration.
Cisco 877 - 192.168.1.254
Bullet M2 - 192.168.1.253
Laptop - 192.168.1.2
20Hmz Carrier
Laptop Connecting at 802.11N Apparently
Regards,
Previous Employee

i am also getting a problem with my Bullet M2, after been connected for an hour or so. i start to get massive ping RTT from a device beyond the AP. i.e. my Internet Router.

after i disconnect from the SSID and Reconnect its fine. Running RC6. i never had this problem with the Bullet 2.

Basic Configuration.

Cisco 877 - 192.168.1.254
Bullet M2 - 192.168.1.253

Laptop - 192.168.1.2

20Hmz Carrier
Laptop Connecting at 802.11N Apparently

Regards,

Hello,
Please post your full config and support info files.
Thanks,
Mike

Upload Errors
XM-00156DE4091C.cfg:
Invalid File

i will be going back to the old Bullet 2 until these problems are resolved.
Previous Employee

i will be going back to the old Bullet 2 until these problems are resolved.

Hello,
Please email your support info and config files to mike@ubnt.com so that I can further assist in this problem. Also please make sure you are using the latest V5.0.2 firmware wich can be found at www.ubnt.com/support

Thanks,
Mike

Update: All tested on the latest 5.0.2 fw
Update: This problem went away as soon we put AP in into a static speed ... If it is in auto select speed it changes from 6 to 65 and back to 6 etc as soon you push some data.
You get times where the radio is completely silent (not associated) for about 3 - 5 seconds and than all comes back.
BTW: Some times the gui shows 1Mbps speed.

This issue is not present when CCQ is > 95 % but as soon CCQ is at around 60-80 this swings occures to where the link is unusable unless you set it as static speed.
Setting it even to 65Mbps in such environment it hold quite nice.

Any ways maybe the algorithm is too sensitive to retransmission or other interference factors. Is there any way to control the thresholds when it should fall back?

Would be nice to display how many retransmission occurs. Normally you can see it when the ping goes from 6ms to 100ms but real numbers would be better. I assume CCQ computes numbers based on transmissions success? Could you show how CCQ is calculated?

Also does AirMax keeps info about each client and it`s best auto selected speed.
Would be nice if in auto speed, based on what client it want`s to target in a specific pool it knew at what speed to transmit based on average. that way we could mix clients with and with out interference occurrence.

Thank You for your answers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oliver's Law:

sent.
cheers,

Yea, I would really like to see an "auto" checkbox like in the legacy units where you could set your own max rate and it would determine the best without going higher than what you selected. All we need is MCS4, but I don't want to static select that.
Thanks,
Lee - levelOne Solutions
Previous Employee

Hey Guys,
My software team is activily investigating all of these issues. I have been unable to reprodue this issue in my lab using injecting 802.11 noise and low CCQ's. however, the Config and Support info files should be of some benefit to my guys.
Thanks,
Mike
Highlighted

Hey Guys,
My software team is activily investigating all of these issues. I have been unable to reprodue this issue in my lab using injecting 802.11 noise and low CCQ's. however, the Config and Support info files should be of some benefit to my guys.
Thanks,
Mike

Please note that such events occurs on a long distance links. In my findings anything between 0-4000feet is working great with out issues at all. Any thing longer and issue slowly starts to appear. That might be your answer why in lab all seams to be so great.
Oliver's Law: