Emerging Member
Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1

Received power injector of death

I'm configuring about couple hundred Nanostation M5's for an upcoming project and I found that one of the injector's that came with the radio's is killing everything that is plugged into it. As soon as you power a radio into it, you recieve a flashing error light such as what is listed here: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Installation/NanoStation-M5-Error-Lights-flashing/td-p/1444859

The radio will eventually be set to factory default and the radio's that are powered by this injector will never link up to anything ever again. I am able to reconfigure them, but it looks like the wireless chipset is fried. FYI, part of our configuration is to disable the reset button and we are using new pre-made patch cables. The serial number on the injector is: 1810-0020370. Not posting this to receive support or an RMA, just want to bring this to UBNT's attention. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3744
Solutions: 772
Contributions: 73

Re: Received power injector of death

Could you share a photo of the POE label?

What does it say the output power is?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Emerging Member

James,

It was the injector that came with the radio, listed at 24 volts. Please see below:

Power Injector of Death.jpg

Ubiquiti Employee

I want to get back both the radio and POE for inspection.  Could you submit one of the new radios that were damaged by this POE for RMA and let me know the RM# you receive? 

I'd also like to see the Support Info file from the radio is that's possible.  Please send to james@ubnt.com

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

James,

I actually am unable to send it in for RMA. I have to hand these off to a third party contractor and they will either RMA them or write them off (bureaucracy stuff). I mostly just wanted to bring this issue to your attention. Hopefully the contractor does send it in for an RMA, in which case the injector has a label on it that read's POWER INJECTOR OF DEATH.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2091
Solutions: 323

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, but we have been unable to replicate it and are unable to do much else with this unless we can get the radio and PoE power supply back. Can you talk to the contractor about this?
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, but we have been unable to replicate it and are unable to do much else with this unless we can get the radio and PoE power supply back. Can you talk to the contractor about this?

I should also add that we would be providing a new replacement. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png