Reset to default by ssh

Good morning
anyone know how to reset(factory default) by ssh a Nanostation M5?. I can not access the website of NanoStation with 5.3.3. but everything works ok. And I have ssh.

Regards.

Re: Reset to default by ssh

did you ever find out how to do a reset from the command line?

if so could you enlighten me!

thanks
BJ Smith
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2098
Solutions: 206

cp /usr/etc/system.cfg /tmp/system.cfg; save; reboot

-Edmundas

[ Edited ]

Hello,

By the way, is there a possibility to reset the firmware to default or to downgrade it  (by ssh or web) ?

Thanks in advance

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3862
Solutions: 793
Contributions: 73

While is is possible to upgrade/downgrade via SSH, I'd recommend performing all upgrades/downgrades via the GUI.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 1

Dear UBNT-Edmundas!

I use this command on a Airfiber 5X. After it, I can't ping the device on 192.168.1.20  and the device is unreachable on the old ip. How can I reach the device? It's plugged in a Mikrotik router, but I not seeing it in the neighbor list.

so i used this command provided by edmund and now i also have no access to either default ip or the existing ip it was originally set as..... did i just brick the device because i trusted an employee on a community forum that was listed as an ubnt employee?

Kudos: 32
Solutions: 5

You aren't the only one. I'm trying to find a resolution to this as well based on Edmundas' recommendation.

Any input @UBNT-Edmundas ?
Thank you for using Ubiquiti Community Support, where the price is always right and the kudos are always welcome.
Ubiquiti Employee

@creed23 wrote:

Dear UBNT-Edmundas!

I use this command on a Airfiber 5X. After it, I can't ping the device on 192.168.1.20  and the device is unreachable on the old ip. How can I reach the device? It's plugged in a Mikrotik router, but I not seeing it in the neighbor list.

@creed23 the provided sample is for airMAX devices only. airFiber does have it's own system and default configuration files for each product. You have to look for that specific information in airFiber forum section.

-Edmundas

Ubiquiti Employee

@Petie306 are you also using this command on airFiber radios or it doesn't work on airMAX series products?

Ubiquiti Employee

@HTCBrian wrote:
You aren't the only one. I'm trying to find a resolution to this as well based on Edmundas' recommendation.

Any input @UBNT-Edmundas ?

@Geekusoid also airFiber?

Unfortunately so.

After using the search function here, and google search, that command listed above was the only result found and thus the one I used.

If it was meant for Airmax only, then I guess that's on me however now I have a brand new AirFiber 5x that is unusable, sadly.

@UBNT-Edmundas

Thank you for using Ubiquiti Community Support, where the price is always right and the kudos are always welcome.
Ubiquiti Employee

@HTCBrian wrote:

Unfortunately so.

After using the search function here, and google search, that command listed above was the only result found and thus the one I used.

If it was meant for Airmax only, then I guess that's on me however now I have a brand new AirFiber 5x that is unusable, sadly.

@UBNT-Edmundas

I'm not familiar about AFx5, but doesn't it have physical reset button to restore actual default configuration?

It does, though the problem arose after it was installed and communication was lost to it which prompted to try and reset it....so I've ordered a replacement and will have to pull that one off of the tower to swap and try and resolve.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble.

Ubiquiti Employee

@HTCBrian wrote:

It does, though the problem arose after it was installed and communication was lost to it which prompted to try and reset it....so I've ordered a replacement and will have to pull that one off of the tower to swap and try and resolve.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble.

Understood. Next time if you will require restet via SSH, please do list /usr/etc/ directory on device, there should be more default configuration files present. I bet one of them will be correct for AFx5 as well just need to determine which one. In our case /usr/etc/system.cfg is default for airMAX line products (i.e. home products like airRouter does use system-soho.cfg as default).

-Edmundas

i was using this on a PowerBeam and used the reset while it was being remotely altered by a malicious host. i have since been able to rectify the radio and have regained access after using a POE i had that was causing shorts ( the way the POE shorts out actually simiulates a reset signal and returned it to factory setings). 

in theory the device reset through the SSH did work and i did not mean to throw heat to @UBNT-Edmundas but i did need to create my own additional work around (yay for other faulty equipment)

Again the reset allowed me to essentially break the radio before the Malicious attempt was completed and then with it not coming back to life allowed me to block the vulnerability. 

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Thank you for your help it's 100% wok

@UBNT-Edmundas wrote:
cp /usr/etc/system.cfg /tmp/system.cfg; save; reboot

-Edmundas