Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Rocket M5 stopped working and I can't connect.

[ Edited ]

So I went to find out why there was no internet to the cabins.

It looked like the Rocket M5 access point of my PTMP setup.

I assumed the poe injector was stuffed as this happened last time.. wasn't that.

What I found was a Rocket M5 totally factory reset, I have no idea how this happened.

Just had to set it up again like it was out of the box!

Thats just one of the things I did today.

Cheers

Brent

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 231
Solutions: 58

Re: Rocket M5 stopped working and I can't connect.

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the radio, but glad it was nothing more than a remote reset. We intend to cover the likely cause of this issue in more depth soon, but in the meantime I would suggest inspecting your cabling carefully. Most remote resets are caused by damaged cable or water in the line, leading to a short between the POE and the device.

As a temporary measure, the Service tab has a setting to disable remote reset. Keep in mind, however, that this will cover up the issue without addressing the root cause.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 231
Solutions: 58

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the radio, but glad it was nothing more than a remote reset. We intend to cover the likely cause of this issue in more depth soon, but in the meantime I would suggest inspecting your cabling carefully. Most remote resets are caused by damaged cable or water in the line, leading to a short between the POE and the device.

As a temporary measure, the Service tab has a setting to disable remote reset. Keep in mind, however, that this will cover up the issue without addressing the root cause.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Solutions: 1

@UBNT-JoshMcGee

Thanks for replying, we have had about 100mm of rain over the last week so you're probably right about the water.

I used the outdoor tough cable and it's been in about 9 months, everything looked ok on the roof.

Good idea turning off remote reset, I'll do that; I probably wouldn't use it much if at all.

Thanks

Brent