Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 lose connection via ethernetcable

hi. 

The last month one of our Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 antennas, hast startet to lose ethernet connection. The ethernet is in an Edgepoint S16. When it drops the connection, it to port in the edgepoint has a status of not connected, but i can see in the edgepoint that it still sends POE and Watts up to the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2. I then turn of the POE on the port, and turns it on again, and then it runs again...    Until know, it has been running about one week, until it looses connection again...

the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 runs firmware 8.5.12  (Udatet last week, so it was also a problem with the older firmware)

The Edgepoint Switch 16P runs firmware 1.7.1.

Any ideas why this happens to this antenna, the other ac gen 2 AP' om this egdepoint runs fine..  and all AP has been running fine the last year until a month ago.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2187
Solutions: 335

Re: Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 lose connection via ethernetcable

The first thing I would check here is the cabling and cable connectors.
Highlighted
Kudos: 2

Re: Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 lose connection via ethernetcable

I also have the same issue on 2 Gen2 5AC Prism radios.  Yesterday I hiked up to the tower and unplugged them from the Edgepoint and plugged them into PoE's, so far they are running fine.  I also have 2 Rocket 2AC Prism radios in the Edgepoing that have no issue.  The ethernet cables on the 5AC's are 200'   the 2AC cables are 75'

Bob